• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i fix these errors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

i deided to check event viewer and found these errors how can i fix them and what do they mean?
problem.jpg

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
You show that there are messages, but not if the messages have any helpful info.....the message itself may tell that something is not installed.

Is acpi turned on in bios?
Is the service disabled in the OS?

The cd-rom is a warning, so I am not sure what the issue is; does it work?
Is it a burner, dvd?

Are you using recent drivers for both?
Have you updated with service packs?
If a via chipset, do you have the latest 4 in 1s?

Usually running newer drivers, etc. will FIX problems, but once in a while new ones appear that were not there in older versions, so care must be taken to back up and save data when updating, or be prepared to risk losing all!
Check the stuff above and see if anything gives more information.....

OP
Chris

Chris

Well below is the info from the errors, im not sure wether the cdrom error is referring to my DVD drive of CD-RW they both seem to be working ok, i dont think acpi is switched on but ill check later when i get back from college.Im using the latest 4 in 1's that were released in september of this year so there quite new, maybe ill try using an earlier driver.

acpi.jpg

cdrom.jpg

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I think if you check the bios ACPI settings, and make sure it is on, and that the bios is set to Plug and Play os, you may be alright there.

As for the cdrom: cdrom1 will be the optical drive with the letter closest to A :). The error is one I have only seen in two instances though- overclocking with too high an FSB and when a drive was dying on me:(
That doesn't mean that the same is true in your case, though.....

Good luck, and try to find this thread again when you get back to the machine: posting the solution helps others too :D

OP
Chris

Chris

turd found a link for me that could be the source of the acpi problem here
i checked the bios settings anyway and ACPi and Plug and Play OS are switched on, so it seems the ACPI error is sorted but just the cdrom error is worrying. The drive closest to A is my DVD-ROM drive, so if its on its way out id rather it be that than my burner i suppose.