• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I output Maximus XI Hero bios settings and values to view via Windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkAtHome

I am running Windows 10 Pro. My hardware includes an ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Hi-Fi) motherboard, with the latest BIOS version, with an Intel i9-9900K CPU.

Is there an app/utility which, when run from Windows, exports all BIOS/UEFI settings/parameters AND their values to browse from the PC's desktop?

Not that I know of.

That said, you can take screenshots of the BIOS and look at them in Windows.

What is your goal/point here? There are applications that can change some settings (voltages, bclk/cpu multiplier, etc) in windows...

I am running Windows 10 Pro. My hardware includes an ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Hi-Fi) motherboard, with the latest BIOS version, with an Intel i9-9900K CPU. Is there an app/utility which, when run from Windows, exports all BIOS/UEFI settings/parameters AND their values to browse from the PC's desktop?

Not that I know of. That said, you can take screenshots of the BIOS and look at them in Windows. What is your goal/point here? There are applications that can change some settings (voltages, bclk/cpu multiplier, etc) in windows...

It is really quite simple. I am looking to be able to review the values of my settings without having to restart the PC to do so - in real time.

You can see some of the settings within Windows and some Asus applications. AI Suite is one and the Armory Crate is another. Try those out and see if it has what you are looking for.

If not, take screenshots of the BIOS and look at them within windows.

I would suggest that you re-read my last reply. I try to choose my words carefully, and, obviously, I am not always successful. As I have been doing this for ~40 years, I have not yet come across a solution to my query, so don't feel bad. :( FWIW, please note that your response does not address my query as asked. Either way, I appreciate your effort.

I've read your original reply and the one above.

You asked:
Is there an app/utility which, when run from Windows, exports all BIOS/UEFI settings/parameters AND their values to browse from the PC's desktop?
and I replied:
Not that I know of.

That said, you can take screenshots of the BIOS and look at them in Windows.

What is your goal/point here? There are applications that can change some settings (voltages, bclk/cpu multiplier, etc) in windows...
This reply both answered your question (not that I know of... never heard of a utility that can do that), and dug deeper to make sure I understood the reasons behind this and I tried to give you an alternative (knowing nothing of which you wanted out of this inquiry).

I suggested alternatives that may help... but clearly they would not give you everything you are looking for. I assumed something was better than nothing... I guess that was wrong to assume.

you then said:
It is really quite simple. I am looking to be able to review the values of my settings without having to restart the PC to do so - in real time.
With the new added information, I suppose I didn't directly answer it so I will, more directly... again. I do not know of any utilities that can copy bios settings in real time so you can see them in windows. Sorry.

Next time, I suppose I will say "Not that I know of" and leave it at that... :shrug:

Last edited:
I am running Windows 10 Pro. My hardware includes an ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Hi-Fi) motherboard, with the latest BIOS version, with an Intel i9-9900K CPU.

ASUS AIsuite and TurboV will show and allow you to adjust most of the "pertinent" settings as well as Intel XTU. As far as a generic app that works on all platforms and shows ALL BIOS settings in Windows the answer is NO, not that I am aware of. The majority of BIOS settings are irrelevant in your day to day operation. If you are interested in voltages, Dram timing etc. the utilities I listed above will cover that.

ASUS AIsuite and TurboV will show and allow you to adjust most of the "pertinent" settings as well as Intel XTU. As far as a generic app that works on all platforms and shows ALL BIOS settings in Windows the answer is NO, not that I am aware of. The majority of BIOS settings are irrelevant in your day to day operation. If you are interested in voltages, Dram timing etc. the utilities I listed above will cover that.

Thanks, Johan45. As I indicated, I was looking for real-time output of ALL BIOS/UEFI settings/parameters AND their values. I am familiar with AIsuite3, ASUS TurboV EVO, Armory Crate, camera shots done upon PC startup, etc., but they don't address what I am looking for.

Maybe try here then? Ask their support to see if there is one for what you are looking for?
https://ami.com/en/products/bios-uefi-firmware/amibios-8/

EDIT: What Whitehawk listed is 50% of what you are looking for. I don't think that editor shows live values (voltages, etc), just headings, sub-headings and options? I never would have thought about a BIOS editor... but it still doesn't meet your reqs, it seems. :(

Last edited:
Thanks, Johan45. As I indicated, I was looking for real-time output of ALL BIOS/UEFI settings/parameters AND their values. I am familiar with AIsuite3, ASUS TurboV EVO, Armory Crate, camera shots done upon PC startup, etc., but they don't address what I am looking for.

I can't for the life of me understand why you would want ALL BIOS settings reported live, maybe you're doing a science project. Other than that there are applications that will report your common/needed BIOS settings. They will also allow you to alter them and the whole snapshot thing is irrelevant. BIOS settings don't change after the system is booted.
Maybe YOU should be more specific as to what you are looking for since it appears that we're just not getting the point.

I dreamed of that last night. I did visit the website but, at the time, didn't think of asking them. Thanks.
Np.

Report back with your findings. This is a really unique request and can't wrap my head around the benefits so it will be interesting to see if... A - this application as you need it exists and B - what benefits this holds outside of sparing a reboot.

EDIT:
Here is what they told me.

We have firmware development utilities that we license to view/modify BIOS settings. Values that have sensor data typically require OEM-specific porting (a good example of this is ASUSTek), so we do not have any client-based utilities to display real-time values. However, in our server-based firmware offering, we do have tools that can display real-time values. This typically requires an onboard BMC or firmware management server that would typically pass this information based on the DMTF Redfish standard.

I hope this information is helpful and points you in the right direction.

Since most consumer boards do not have a BMC or FMS that servers typically have (perhaps the SuperO Z390/Z490 do?), it seems you are out of luck.

Last edited:
Okay, others have tip-toed around this but I'll just ask the question right out. Why do you want or need to do this? If we knew the answer to that it is possible we could be of more help.

Okay, others have tip-toed around this but I'll just ask the question right out. Why do you want or need to do this? If we knew the answer to that it is possible we could be of more help.
I have clearly stated what I am looking for, trents, so if you can provide a solution, that would be great. While you have rightly or wrongly perceived a tip-toed question, consider that that question exists only in your inquisitive mind and not others. Regardless, you have every right to ask the question, as it is also my right to (not) answer it as I see fit. ;)

I have clearly stated what I am looking for, trents, so if you can provide a solution, that would be great. While you have rightly or wrongly perceived a tip-toed question, consider that that question exists only in your inquisitive mind and not others. Regardless, you have every right to ask the question, as it is also my right to (not) answer it as I see fit. ;)
I know its the third time you've been asked directly, but, chillax. :)

Did you hear back from them and get the same answer I did?

I know its the third time you've been asked directly, but, chillax. :)

Did you hear back from them and get the same answer I did?
I left emails for a few sources, but the only one that responded, so far, was AMI -- they did not go into as much detail, and they directed me to ASUS. While retired, I have quite a few other projects on my plate, so I am not losing sleep over this. I do appreciate your effort. Thanks.

Back