• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Can I overclock my i7 4770??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

Hello, im new here, and this is my first post.
I have never overclocked my pc.
My config: asus z87 sabertooth, intel i7 4770(non k), kingstone savage 16gb(2x8) cl11 2400mhz DDR3 ram in dual channel + corsair vengance cl7 DDR3 2x4 gb. My cp auto overclock in bios set procesor to 3,5.. Ghz and ram to 1333 mhz a think it can be better. Ther component are ok i try tk oc only cpu and ram but ram oc is not important. Cpu oc is my first priority. I have watter cooling system cooler master (only for cpu) and good airflov in case.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Welcome to OCF matus
First ditch one set of the ram. You'll have a hard time overclocking with that mixed ram CL7 I assume is 1600 or lower 2x4 + 2400 ram just asking for issues IMO. Another thing that we need to know is what you are cooling the CPu with? This will play a big part in the final result of your overclock. To start set a manual voltage at about 1.25 and raise the CPU multiplier. Start at 4.2 if windows starts then try again at 4.1 and so on until windows won't boot. Then back down one or two multis and test for stability with some stress testing program like AIDA64 , IBT etc.. Keep an eye on your temps 85c is not the max but a good place to aim for under load.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Good catch C_D can't believe I missed that. Will the straps in the BIOS work on a non K cpu?? I've never had one.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I wouldn't bother, you're not going to gain anything and having to do a reinstall is just not worth it.