• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Can I Tell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Hey All..

OK - Dumb question. I have gotten my hands on three AMD CPUs as follows:

AMD Duron 750 Mhz
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz (200 FSB)
AMD Athlon Thoroughbred (B) 2100+ (266 FSB)

and I wanted to test them to make sure they are functional. Outside of buying an AMD mobo, is there any other tool I could use to ensure these CPUs are operational? I would rather not drop some $$ on an AMD mobo just for the purposes of testing these out, since my rigs are P4 based systems.

Sam

Send them to me, I'll test them ;)

I dont think there is really any other way then actually putting them in an amd board.

Actually... all three of them have different stories. I actually had the Duron about two years ago with an old-***, sucky Biostar mobo. I cracked that mobo by accident several years ago.

I got the Tbird & Tbred from a friend who gave them to me to check out, which leaves me in my current scenario.

Like the others before said, the only way to see if they work is to install them in a working pc. A local pc shop should be able to test them for you.

Back