• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
With a capture card. You need a port on it that the camera supports too, like a Phillips, RCA, F connector etc...

I use a nice black and white security camera for mine. Using black and white trades the color for better picture resolution (which is very sharp on mine). Webcams often blur the colors together anyway to make it look like you were watercoloring in the shower.

OP
woods

woods

the camera I am using is a sharp 8mm home video camera. I have it up on my screen by using a video capture card and a vcr. how doI set it up as a web cam?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
When I used mine as a webcam on the net, M$'s program saw it automatically. That was back a few years ago when TechTV first started using them, so I'm not sure of that part.
I just had to make sure that the camera was the last input device used in my tv program before shutting it down...I think the webcam software looked for that "last device used" setting somewhere in windoze when you started it.

That's about all I can remember, sorry I can't get more detailed. I don't often shock or scare people with my face on their computer anymore (a face made for radio, ya know?).:D

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Pinnacle Systems has a usb capture device called "PINNACLE LINX" (got mine for $30 at comp usa after a $40 rebait) I have used it for a little while and got good quality video but it depends on your hard drive (uncompressed avi is a very big input) works best with a raid system but you can use it on a ata 66 or better (faster "and" biger = better quality)