• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how come there gf2 is doing 220/330mem default and mine 200/175

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

i dont get it i see a lot of people with gf2 mx400 64mb sdram doing 220core/330mem as there default and mine is default at 200core/175mem , if we only look at the core it is allright but when whe look at the mem what a difference (the ram as a 6ns timing i do not know if this as a big impact on the speed of the ram but from what i heard it is preaty standard for all gf2) or is it that my card is underclock by its factory setting wich is weird since it mean that the company as made a card with less performance than its competition
so finally should i o/c my ram to boost to normal speed my card cus hey i dont mind the 200 core speed but tha ram wow that is a big emprovement aint i right!?!?:)

video card

OC the ram. It'll help. Maybe you can even update the bios to get better default speeds, but that could be risky if the card can't take the default speeds of the new bios. Different manufactuters, different core/memory clocks. That's all there is to it. OC the memory.

I think you double your clock speed for actual ram speed DDR. My radeon is 275/550. But truthfully its 275/275x2.

Back