• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i clean the Thermal Right SK 7 from and dust that has accumalted over time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I once opened a compaq PSU in a comp that hadn't been cleaned in four years or so... and this was in an area with a thick carpet... needless to say all the components inside were covered with a 1/2" thick layer of dust...

I simply used a blowdryer in "no heat" mode. You can adapt a fine nozzle to it and it won't run out like a can of compressed air. Also no risk of getting the cyanide stuff on the mobo.

sandman001 said:
may I ask why you are running it at 17x100?

The ABIT KT7 doesn't support a 133 MHz processor front side bus. It only officially supports 100 MHZ fsb processors (through 1.4 GHz Athlon). However, a clever soul discovered that many KT7 boards can support the T-Bred B processors if you run them at 100 MHz fsb. There is a thread about this here
that talks about it. Runs slick on my KT7 with no glitches. I guess the reason ABIT doesn't talk about this much is that the CPU startup timings changed slightly when processors went to the Palomino core. This causes some machines to hang during booting. I have had no such problem with mine, though.

Ken

Back