• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I enable hyper-threading?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cookpat.geo

Registered
I found out that my p4 2.0a has hyper-threading ability, but it has been disabled since I bought it new.

How do I enable hyper-threading?

lyle

You should re-find out that your 2.0A does NOT have hyper-threading ability.

If you disagree with me, then please provide any form of evidence that it IS HT compatible and I will gladly and humbly retract my statement.

lyle

This tells me that your motherboard supports HT capable processors. You need to install a HT capable proc and OS in order to access HT.

kenweil

In order for your processor to perform under hyperthreading you will need to get 2.4c or above. Just because your mobo supports it doesnt mean the processor will perform ht. You will also have to take into account the o/s you are using. Not all will support HT. From what I was told and i could be wrong only Win2k pro and winxp pro are the only microsoft o/s that will support it. The o/s has to support dual processors for it to work.