• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i flash 7900GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
pillowsack

pillowsack

See, i do not want to pay the $13. Is there any alternatives to conductive ink?

pencil mod, only this gives you random voltages based on how hard you draw the line and type of graphite.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Come on guys :bang head, give the OP a bit more advice and information than "use a soldering iron and solder or use a pencil"

To the OP, you cannot flash the 7900GT to a higher voltage, you can however do a relatively simple volt mod using a silver conductive pen.

See LINK for detailed instructions : http://endeavorquest.net:8880/7900GT_VM/index.htm

Caution: You need to have a good aftermarket cooler as your core temps will go up quite a bit and off course this is done at completely your own risk as any mod viods the warranty and could damage the card

OP
pillowsack

pillowsack

jesus christ guys i know that mod and i know what im doing! i have an aftermarket zalman. Someone could have just said "You cannot flash it". Is there any other options to draw the line then pencil, saughter, and conductive pen?

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
jesus christ guys i know that mod and i know what im doing! i have an aftermarket zalman. Someone could have just said "You cannot flash it". Is there any other options to draw the line then pencil, saughter, and conductive pen?

Pencil will not work, you can solder wires or use a conductive pen.

BTW...You're welcome

Niku-Sama

acually you can flash it but its really not going to do you any good.

you can pencil mod it but it seems the info has been lost in time.
here is some info on it
http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/NVIDIA_7900GTX,_7900GT_&_7600GT_Voltage_Mods/3330-2.html

you can pencil mod for V Mem, lemme do some poking arround i might be able to find the core still, i rember there being one because i was going to do it to my card untill i decided to RMA it instead, which i think was a mistake

edit:
i am dumb as hell, it says in the link i posted 10k resistor OR pencil for both Vmem and gpu

Last edited: