• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I know what Motherboards fit in my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noob PC Gamer

I am new to PC gaming and wanted to try building my own PC but I am having trouble knowing what parts fit in my case-VIVO ATX Mid Tower Computer Gaming Black PC Case with 6 Fan Ports, 3-speed control, USB 3.0 (CASE-V08) mostly my motherboard. This case says it fits ATX and Micro ATX motherboards but the dimensions of the motherboard looked to big. Does it matter if dementions are to big or can it fit all ATX motherboards?

If your case says it fits atx and matx, then it will fit atx and matx boards. It is a standard size, these atx and matx things they mention. You notice if it says atx, they are all strikingly similar in size.

Why was this thread created in the mod hotline?????? Moved. :)

Taken from the spec page
Details:
ATX Mid-Tower
Supports ATX, Micro ATX, ITX, and E-ATX* motherboards (up to 12.0" x 10.7")
Color - Matte black with tinted tempered glass front and side (full black interior)
SPCC 0.5T steel with plastic front bezel, tempered glass front and left side panels
Bottom mounted ATX power supply (not included)

Thank you but I was just a little confused because it says can fit 12.0” x 10.7” and the motherboard is-GIGABYTE UEFI Dual BIOS. ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 19.9cm. I am brand new to this and I do t know where to start I don’t know what parts fit into it for example how can I tell if CPU fits in the motherboard?

Thank you but I was just a little confused because it says can fit 12.0” x 10.7” and the motherboard is-GIGABYTE UEFI Dual BIOS. ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 19.9cm. I am brand new to this and I do t know where to start I don’t know what parts fit into it for example how can I tell if CPU fits in the motherboard?

Think you should start over. Tell, us what you're looking for in a computer, what you're going to use it for. What your budget is and what exactly you're going to need as far as peripherals. We can help you put together something that will fit your needs.

I am brand new and do not know anything about gaming pc’s and I did some research and can only find how to build it. I want a reliable site where I can learn exactly what part does what and to learn exactly what I have to do and how to put it together. I would be very happy if you guys could help me or give me a reliable source to learn about a gaming pc. Also I would like to build a 700-1000 dollar reliable pc with good graphics and very durable parts.

The reason the sizes looks wrong is one is in Centimeters and one is in Inches . You can fit 2.54 CM in 1 inch =)
There are standards if it says fits ATX the it will fit =)

- - - Updated - - -

I am brand new and do not know anything about gaming pc’s and I did some research and can only find how to build it. I want a reliable site where I can learn exactly what part does what and to learn exactly what I have to do and how to put it together. I would be very happy if you guys could help me or give me a reliable source to learn about a gaming pc. Also I would like to build a 700-1000 dollar reliable pc with good graphics and very durable parts.

Check out youtube , there are MANY vids of ppl doing builds . There isn't much to a PC
Case
Motherboard
CPU
Ram
PSU
HDD
GFX card

Each part really only fits in one place , and as far as compatibility is concerned that is not much of a issue these days . Very few things that don't work these days .

We will be here to help , watch a few vids . Then come back with a budget and specific questions we will help you pick out parts that best fit your goals .

Also I was thinking a pc 700-1000 dollars that works well has good graphics and can play big games well and at 60 fps.

I found a good cpu the amd ryzden 3 1300x but how do I know what motherboard and gpu to buy and get everything to fit perfectly?

Thank you where did you learn about all this do you have any good sources that I could look at to understand it better?

Most of us have learned from years experience. You can try using PC part picker's site. It's not perfect but you can mix and match parts while it won't let you use parts that don't belong together. Once you have a list link it here and we can try and optimize it for you. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

I made a couple changes and squeezed a 1060 in there. I would also look for the new Ryzen3 2200G it's cheaper and comes with it's own cooler which would save you a few $$ It just wasn't available through part picker
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yhZKHh

Looks ok, with the following exceptions: The PSU you picked is way more than you need. If you look at the top of the page you'll see "245W" with a little lightning bolt at the left. That's your system's wattage requirement. A 750 watt PSU will power three of them. A good quality (EVGA and Silverstone are good) 450-500 watt PSU will provide all the power you need, including upgrades later on and overclocking headroom for the future if you decide to go that way. Then take the savings and put it towards a 120GB SSD for your operating system and programs (games are fine on the HDD). Your rig will be much faster in day to day use and a lot more power efficient.

edit: And Johan45 beat me to it. LOL

Last edited:
Thanks I just went back into pc parts picker but didn’t see any changes. What is the full name of the 1060 so I can find it on amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you 👍👍

Back