• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I optimize my [email protected]?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tRidiot

Premium Member
My current group is not really very active anymore, and I had crappy results with them, since my computers were all old and slow. But now I have a new machine....

T-Bred 2700+
512 Corsair XMS LL
ATI 9500np

Unfortunately, I think my units are still taking 6-8 hours to complete, and I have even turned off the video display of [email protected]

What else can I do?

Oh, and BTW, I can't really seem to OC worth a damn, so I'll prolly be running stock speeds, but I'd be willing to add my results to the group. :)

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Simple - dump the screen saver and get the command line client. You should be able to overclock your 2700+ to at least 2250-2300MHz. Let us know if we can help. You should be completing work units in about 2.5-3 hours.

OP
T

tRidiot

Premium Member
I've been working on trying to get my machine to OC for the last week, and it just isn't having it. :( I guess I'm pretty much stuck. I think I chose the wrong mobo. Oh well, it will be months before I can get another. My FSB is stuck at 166 and that's that.

I don't know what the command line client is, but I guess I could go read the stickies and see if it's somewhere in there. Thanks for the advice.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
The command line client runs at the "dos" prompt. There are no pretty graphs and such, but there are a plethora of add on utilities that provide progress tracking and a mountain of stats if you like that kind of thing. Here's the link to the command line client and utility package on our team web site:
http://www.ocsetiteam.com/files/OCSeti_CLC_files.zip Let us know if you need help getting anything setup.

OP
T

tRidiot

Premium Member
I think I have it set up right, but will it not automatically upload completed units and download new data? I had it set to 1 last night, just to make sure everything worked, and when I got p this morning, it was still waiting with that one completed.

Oh well, I think I have uploaded it and DL'd 30 more.... time to suit up for my double-tank scuba dive today!

Thanks guys!