• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I split video signal into 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CuriousOne

Registered
I'd like to split the signal from my ti4200 (sigh, only 1 output) to 2 seperate (analog) monitors. Is there any kind of adapter that can do this? And, is there any kind of loss in quality? Thanks :)

if you have a DVI on your card, you cn get a DVI to VGA converter...pr ypi cam get a VGA splitter, which basically uses one VGA port but has two outs for monitors...

Just go buy a video splitter like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2071265098 . You wont be able to display a different picture on each monior though, with a splitter both will display the same thing. If you want to run duel monitors (with seperate displays) without buying a new video card then just get a cheap PCI video card. However, that will probably hold back your FSB overclock.

Thanks for the replies, guys. To clarify, I just want to have the same signal from my video card on 2 monitors. But since my card only has 1 ouput, I was curious if there was something I could get to simply split the signal in 2 so I could use it on 2 different monitors.

So, for these splitters... is there any loss in quality/signal when it is split in 2?

I havent used one but from what I have heard they are fine...but what that guy was saying about being able to use as many as you liked...I should imagine it would begin to degrade if you keep plugging them into each other.

ninthebin said:
I havent used one but from what I have heard they are fine...but what that guy was saying about being able to use as many as you liked...I should imagine it would begin to degrade if you keep plugging them into each other.

Not really. VGA signals don't start degrading until you use cable longer than 100 feet.

Back