• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Hey guy's changed my OS to XP Pro and really do not like it. I want to go back to 2K Pro and was wondering how to ditch XP...Does not seem to want to do the fdisk thang with a ME startup disk...any suggestion's ???

DDR-PIII

Disabled
if you only upgraded you can go into add/remove programs and uninstall windows XP... but if you wanna format? that should get rid of it....

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Fdisk only does FAT partitions, so if you formatted using NTFS, you have to choose the option of a non-DOS partition or whatever it's called. There are third party apps like fdisk (I think Norton makes one called gdisk) that will handle them nicely. I know FDISK cannot handle Linux partitions, but it will do NTFS, I've done it. Also, your XP and or 2k disk will have the fdisk program on it, and the most up to date one at the time of the release and that will do the job nicely. Stick in your XP disk and when it gets to the part about where to want it to install, it gives you options to change the partitions by hitting d for delete etc.. Delete the partition, create a new one, and restart and boot from the 2k disk. You can format it there and all is happy happy.

Good luck

Z

stool

If you have an original drive manufacturer's setup disk, you can boot to that to prep your drive.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
If you set your CD-ROM up as a bootable drive the Windows 2000 CD should be able to FDISK/FORMAT/PARTITION to your requirements