• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do YOU fly in BF1942?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

I was curious about how you guys that play BF1942 fly. What combination of controls do you use and how good are you at flying. I use WASD and the arrow keys but i really really suck.

Joystick all the way man, its the only way. I don't know how some of you mouse and keyboard pilots do it. :) I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick, its seen its better days but it still works well.

yeah i use the wasd n arrows and i crash all the time...and i cant shot a damn thing either :bang head

I use a joy stick..I have the D/C mod and tried flyinhg a helicopter with a mouse and key board and crashed every time...

only possible way is with a joystick. you can try and practice all you want with wasd but you'll still suck. if you don't play many flying games get a cheap joystick and you'll be fine.

enter the plane (default: e) and accelerate (default: w) then lift up (default: down arrow) and you will be in the air, then. . .fly.

Those default keys may not be right, I have them all changed.

Yeah I use WASD and the mouse and I'm so bad. The only thing I can do in 1942 is fly from one place to another, I can't shoot anything.

Its nearly impossible to fly with mouse and keyboard... After i got my joystick i finally learned how to do a bunch of good maneuvers in the heli's. I have to say they are probably the most destructive weapons in the game.

devilscow22 said:
I was curious about how you guys that play BF1942 fly. What combination of controls do you use and how good are you at flying. I use WASD and the arrow keys but i really really suck.

I use both..i have a logitech wireles for fighters but i prefer mouse kb for helicopters and bombing runs ..a little smoother i think......

hours of practice dude.....turn up your sensitivity to at least 3/4 for mouse kb helps a lot....

you WILL crash helicopters for quite some time till you learn to steer less

best advice i had was the chopper is like a full bowl of water and once it goes some direction you MUST counteract it to come back to level....

wasd and mouse, and occasionally arrow keys for barrel rolling and what not ;)
yup, as you may have guessed, i suck with those controls...i mainly fly just to get from point a to point b, or to drop one or two bombs then chute out...cannot dogfight worth anything using mouse and wasd :)

and i don't think i'm about to use my 12 year old joystick to play bf1942 :D (not planning to buy a new one)

I know people who can fly planes with the mouse and kb but I am a joystick man. I can use both but the joystick is just really easy for me to use.

eh i been practicing all day...im somewhat better..i dont crash anymore and i can bomb stuff....cant dogfight worth a wooden nickle.,

I use Mouse Keyboard.... can't do much with planes, only fly under bridges 50%of the time I make it... I fly helis most, I'd say im good, no one has beaten me at flying helis yet... but I don't play it much anymore... Vietnam sucks.. they made flying helis easy.. now anyone can do it :(

Numpad all the way, I love being able to control the whole plane with one hand and chatting with the other.

Blah iuse the keyboar,d i use the number bad.

8 is foward, 2 is backword, 4 is turn left, 6 is turn right. The arrow keys i use down is pull up, up is go down, left is roll left, right is roll right.

Its very easy. I can match anyone with a joystick.

Back