• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you properly apply thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kewl

Registered
how do you properly apply thermal paste. i bought artic silver paste and i want to know how to apply it for KEWLest effects!

Place your thumb and for finger around the shaft of the syringe plunger to prevent OVER injection of the A.S.then inject a very small drop on to your cpu. after wiping it with alcohol. Then use a flat wooden tooth pick, (don't use your finger,to greasy).to smooth to a very thin layer. Good Luck!

I prefer to place a small amount on the cpu die, and then place the heatsink in place and press it down and move it around slightly.to displace the excess. If it isn't VERY thin, I will wipe the heatsink and press it down again. You want a very thin, almost transparent layer. If it is still bright white after it is spread(assuming white grease) it is too thick.

Use a hammer ;)

[1]*that's a joke, I would not seriously recommend using a hammer*

I find it best to use a little, then gently drag the rest off with a razor blade tipped back like so / moving this way >>>.[/1]

Back