• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does my setup sound? (Before I buy :-) )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSUmaxx

I just got a Maze 3 (thanks Nikhsub1!)

For the rest, I think I'll order from DTEK because they have everything I want.

Eheim 1250
10' Tygon 1/2"
Cooler Core Combo
1 additional shroud
2 delta mid CFM fans (attached to rheo.)
WaterWetter

Fittings:
1/2" T
90' Pump adapter

What else will I need? I decided to go for a t-line and no reservoir. This is my first time watercooling, so if you know of any additional adapters, etc. that I'll need, please let me know.

Does this sound like a solid setup? The hard part will be getting this all in my case.

X2sandman

Hose clamps, try to get plastic ones, somepeople have problems with the metal causing. You will also want some sort of cap for you t line such as a barb with an end glued on it.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Looks good! So you will have 2 shrouds? If so, very nice. Avoid the 90 degree pump elbow like the plague, will kill flow rate. Avoid all 90 degree fittings if possible. I disagree with the plastic hose clamps, they SUCK! I used them once, stuff leaked. Use the metal hose clamps, much better and more secure. Go to home depot and get a 1/2" barb with threads on the top so you can cap the "t" line, here is a pic of mine:

relay.jpg

OP
OSUmaxx

OSUmaxx

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get the proper fittings. I'm planning on using metal hose clamps unless I run into some unforseen problem with them. And yes, I will be using two shrouds. Seems like the best way to go.

X2sandman

i was talking out of expierence (sp?) because i a metal hose clamp and the area around where the screw is would get moist because it doesn't "clamp" that little area. I now use zip ties and they work fine.

OP
OSUmaxx

OSUmaxx

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up ordering the setup I mentioned above. They only had 7ft. of Tygon, but that should work.