• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does robertm1771 and lews get those per-day values?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omaticrail

"robertm1771" and "lews" are at the top in terms of overall production, and production rate, yet neither of them appear to be multi-processor accounts. How is this being accomplished?

I'm guessing these are university minis or mainframes.

I wasn't aware of stats pages with that granularity. It's a bit strnage though. They have me down for 5 processors, when really I only have 3.

It occured to me that I have a lot more processing power at my disposal if I chose to get unscrupulous about it. I have administrative privileges on 2 multi-processor web servers that are essentially idle. (going nowhere REAL fast) However, I like my job too much to risk it.

omaticrail, why dont you ask your boss if its ok. Tell him it will help the computers so they dont get...um....bored...or something better than that!

omaticrail said:
I wasn't aware of stats pages with that granularity. It's a bit strnage though. They have me down for 5 processors, when really I only have 3.

It occured to me that I have a lot more processing power at my disposal if I chose to get unscrupulous about it. I have administrative privileges on 2 multi-processor web servers that are essentially idle. (going nowhere REAL fast) However, I like my job too much to risk it.
Yes, as you will see many times posted throughout this forum, get permission first!

This got me thinking. The school is getting a webserver soon - would it be possible to fold on that? I will probably be the Administrator - the only other Linux user in the school is the Network administrator who is always busy trying to fix things (we have been waiting on a new network hub for nearly a month :eek:).

It is 'free' for the school - a donation from a local company. It should be a decent system - dual 700s P/// or something.

Back