• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this build look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no it was just a new revision that gives about the same performance as ddr2 but without the voltage (heat)

I just hope you have more luck with the ddr3 8500 than ive had with my ddr2 8500... my first and second bank fried after about 6 months. very little room for clocking and doesnt like the extra voltage at all but its not the same stuff so I dont know that theres anything to compair.

DDR3 is cheaper than DDR2 right now. Also I don't care about overclocking the RAM as much as the CPU and possibly GPU. So does everything else look good?

I would get a western digital 640gb black if I were you and that psu is sold out if you didnt notice. Everything else is pretty good to me.

Looks pretty good. I built a simmilar system for my sisters just this week :)

I am partial to Corsair psu's, but OCz is a decent brand as well.

Take out the Western Digital Green for black, those are meant more for storage only due to their low power output. Unless you really want to go green, it will hinder your comptuer performance.

Also dont know if you purposely want an IDE dvd drive. But switch to SATA, faster and less case clutter.

Everything else looks good, I recommend sticking to Corsair brand for PSU if you can. OCZ and Antec are great alternatives though, so nothing wrong with that.

Back