• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this setup look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I am planning out a first Water Cooling setup for myself. This is what I am thinking:

CoolerMaster Stacker (Window)
Black Ice Extreme (Chrome?)
PolarFlo 1/2" Chrome TT series (2 ports? 3?)
DangerDen NV-68 (or Maze4 with ramsinks?)
ClearFlex Tubing (Tygon worth the extra $?)
Metal Clamps (from a hardware store)

What pump? NB cooler needed?

Please make suggestions, and yes I do not know what my complete setup is going to be.

The crome seems a bit unnesscessary, is it supposed to improve thermal transfer or is it just for looks?

Tygon looks like its worth it, only about $1 extra per foot for increased strength, softness, anti-kinkness and it supposed to resist growths and filth buildup.

yea, ditching the chrome on everything will balance out the high price of the nv68. clearflex will do you just fine. good luck.

I'm building a dual 6800GT and I'm going with the Maze4. I avoided all the chrome stuff and I would do the 2 port TT.

I got the brass maze4, half the price of the nv-68 (inc ram sincs). I can't see the nv-68 giving better temps and if it does, it would be 1-2C at the most. Clearflex is also just as good as tygon.

For a pump I recommend DD12V-D4 or Eheim 1250.

Dont get the D4 if you are going for silence, it emmits this whine (as I'm sure youve heard) that is quite annoying. Other than that though, its a great pump. I would go with the Aquaextreme 50Z instead though, its quieter, and although it has slightly worse flow and head, it dumps less heat into the loop so your temps will be basically the same with either.

I hear points from both sides on the nv-68. I have one and personally like it. I went back and forth and decided to get it. I like the fact that it also cools the ram and it just looks cool. I only paid $96 for mine so by the time I bought the maze and sinks I wasn't gonna save that much money. Anyways I found the block for $96 and I think it has gone back to $104 but it you wanna save off of the $125 the den has it for check out http://www.cablecrazy.com/

Back