• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revx

Promise tx2 ATA100 raid controller with 4 seagate 40gb 7200 rpm drives

I thought I heard somewhere that Seagates may have problems in raid configs, not 100% sure though. How would you run the 4 drives? In raid0 or 0+1? running 4 drives in a raid array would be better with the TX4 cause it has 4 separate channels, the TX2 only has 2 so 2 drives on each channel, not that big of a deal but something to think about.

Hmmm, what exactly is the advantage of having 1 drive per channel, and does anyone else have info on the seagate drives having problems in raid configurations? I appreciate the imput.

Yeh, this much i know, but what's the advantage of each drive having its own channel? or does a drive only count as a drive in raid 0 if it has its own channel.

raid

Drives on the same channel can't read/write at the same time, one drive has to wait for the other drive to finish before it can begin. Correct me if this is wrong. I've never done RAID.

Hmmm, makes sense to me, but i've had no experience with raid at all, that's why im asking, i'm looking into the tx4

Back