• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this Ti4200 card perform ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I was shared a decent deal I mean a real deal

Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD
GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 64mb, TV-Out, DVI OEM
$110 Canadian ( $71 US)

or

Gainward GeForce4 PowerPack ! Ultra/650XP Golden Sample
GeForce 4 Ti4200, 64mb DDR, retail box
$140.00 Canadian ($91 US)

Both are 64 DDR cards I know but I do have to admit as much as an ATI fan as I am as you all know that thse 2 deals are tempting and the third one is

MSI 870GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 128mb DDR, DVI, TV-Out OEM
$140.00 canadian ($91US)

I can see the MSI is the best cause it is 128 DDR but as far as overclocking which would be the best??

Cisco KId

if I can get one of these for these prices I will pass on the link but I have my doubts. Waiting for a call back from the shop.

Pinky

The leadtek cards overclock well (at least I've seen documented proof as such) but the 128MB will help in other areas (may also hinder overclocking as the 128mb cards typically have slower memory).

I aint telling you anything you don't already know. ;)

funnyperson1

between the Gainward and the Leadtek, i definately dont think the Gainward is worth the extra 30$......

but 128mb is good to have specially when Doom III comes out :)

maxima88

Stay away from the Gainward 64mb card. Didn't you read the sticky in this forum?

Get the MSI, I have it and have o/c'ed it upto 330/650 without any problems.

If you check the OC3dMark team database for TI4200, You'll see that 3 out of the top 5 cards are MSI w/ only the Albatron (courtesy of Kato) beats the the MSI.

OP
C

Cisco Kid

maxima88 said:
Stay away from the Gainward 64mb card. Didn't you read the sticky in this forum?

Get the MSI, I have it and have o/c'ed it upto 330/650 without any problems.

If you check the OC3dMark team database for TI4200, You'll see that 3 out of the top 5 cards are MSI w/ only the Albatron (courtesy of Kato) beats the the MSI.

I completely forgot about that thanks for the heads up, thought they resolved the issue. I am leaning towars the Leadtek cause it is cheaper, gonna call them right now....

well I just got of the phone they gotta confirm prices with suppliers, I will know tommorrow and keep all posted

they think prices were wrong but not for sureso we will see , the wankers got me excited LOL

cisco kid

Last edited:

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Thats a kick *** deal for $70:drool:
Wanna hook me up too?:D

The MSI are great, but Leadtek isn't too shabby either. I had one, and OCed it to 328/575(ram suck since it was from Etrotech), but most of them out there are with Hynix ram, and with decent cooling you should be in the range of 320/620.

Good luck!!!:beer:

Lithan

Disabled
Dear god in heaven please tell me where thats at. I will stomp on small kittens heads for that price on a geforce 4 Ti4200

Yodums

You gotta lemme in on these deals ;) I personally would go with the MSI. I believe Gainward resolved their cooling issue and Leadtek isn't bad either but MSI is overall a good card. It has good quality, options and overclocking ;)

Yodums

fuzzba11

I got the MSI for $135 two weeks ago, loves to be overclocked, came with lots of hardware and software goodies...good card.

OP
C

Cisco Kid

well guys I will be getting an email from the shop tommorrow to confirm the prices online or I will calling them to find out the corrected prices.

I tried to order on e today and was told I have to wait for them to confirm. Anyways once I hear the news I will fill everyone in. I did not find this link myself I was passed it on by another board member who has not purchased there though.

If they honour their prices I will give him praise fer sure, I will be getting the Leadteck or MSI prolly Leadtek cause it is cheaper:D

cisco kid

here is the link to the site, they will ship cod in Canada do not know about outside Canada

http://www.cyberdyne.ca/

Last edited:
OP
C

Cisco Kid

they will ship cod in canada no clue about USA, also I called today and I will have a confirmed reply at latest Thurs on the prices, they may have made a boo boo we will see

I tried to order and at the last minute I was told they hada check something out. Just finished speaking to the owner long distance so we will have to wait a day or 2.

cisco kid

OP
C

Cisco Kid

Well guys the prices got changed on their site however there is still one card thats price did not change and I plan to order it tommorrow, it is the:

Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD in 64 DDR flavour

http://www.leadtek.com/graphics/a250le/a250le.htm

here is the card and a review

http://www.earthv.com/images/073002_gf4ti4200_09.jpg

http://www.earthv.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=600

Conclusion:
The Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD GF4 Ti4200 performs well and is a good overclocker. It manages to run well at a high speed of 305Mhz GPU and 620Mhz RAM with stock cooling. The speed is comparable to the way-more-expensive GeForce Ti4600’s 300Mhz/650Mhz. Thanks to Leadtek for the extra large cooling heatsink design

It is at $140 canadian for the retail version ($90 US) or $110 Canadian ($71 US ) for the OEM version , with no bundled software. I still think that for a Ti4200 this is a good deal for an OEM at $71 US. I am calling tommorrow to order will let ya know what happens. I was told it is the same card clocked the same just no software bundle.

Cisco Kid

ps sorry to get any hopes up but this deal aint to bad even though it is 64 DDR

Last edited: