• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can i oc a athlon XP 3000 with this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

420 watt raidmax psu

arctic silver 5

3 80mm fans

1 120mm fan

90 mm fan on the heatsink

Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200

ABIT "NF7-S" nForce2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ "Barton", 400 FSB, 512K Cache Processor

Thermalright Sp-97 heatsink

so ya, how far could i oc that 3000?

he didn't ask what cpu to get he asked how far his could go.
not trying to be rude but i really wish people would stop answering questions like that. your response in no way answers his question. its just another notch on your post count.

you can probably hit near 2.4-2.5ghz with that xp3000 depending on your psu and your individual chip. raidmaxes are midlevel psu's. they do ok but aren't great. i havea 500w raidmax psu and it does what i need it to but could be better.

Last edited:
twump THE way he listed the NF7-S and the 3000+ processor i "thought" he got the names of newegg so it didnt look like hes got it yet and...... Theres no way hes gonna be hitting 2.5ghz without 1.9+V

also NOT trying to be rude but u WAS :rolleyes:

lol i did get the names off newegg.com, but i already ordered them, i just dont like typing the names out lol

steven go look at the cpu databse on the frontpage. its possible to get 2.5ghz with less then 1.9v. its not common but its possible if jon got a good chip. though i will admit his psu will probably not allow it to go that high

well could i at least oc the 3000 to a 3200? (100mhz) even if i do get a locked chip?

you should be able to do 2.2ghs (3200) easily. my 2500 does it withou even touching the voltage.

Back