• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how fast is the ram on my leadtek a250 td?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
i was curious if anybody has actually seen any info on what speed the video ram is for the leadtek a250 td (geforce 4 ti 4400) all i see on leadtek's website is "high speed ram"... just wondering if anybody had seen any papers on it. i've looked around a bit and haven't found much of anything. if not, oh well... just curious. it still works like a charm :) (i actually get better 3d mark scores with this card than my old pny geforce 4 ti 4400 with 3.6n ram... hehe... gotta love that hunk of metal they call a heatsink on these things... (just too bad it covers the memory chips for the sake of checking the speeds)

Morpheusman

I read in a review that Leadtek DOES use the 3.6n ram with this card. I can't remember where I read it, or I'd post a link. I also remember the same review said that it uses the exact same active cooling setup (monster HS + Dual Fans) as the a250 TD Ultra (the Ti4600).

Looks like a sweet card. I've been thinking about getting one myself to replayce my aging first-gen Radeon LE. Are the fans very noisy?

OP
mbentley

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
Morpheusman said:
I read in a review that Leadtek DOES use the 3.6n ram with this card. I can't remember where I read it, or I'd post a link. I also remember the same review said that it uses the exact same active cooling setup (monster HS + Dual Fans) as the a250 TD Ultra (the Ti4600).

Looks like a sweet card. I've been thinking about getting one myself to replayce my aging first-gen Radeon LE. Are the fans very noisy?

at first when i changed from my onboard video which has no fan to my card, it was a little, but it really wasn't that bad. i have a fairly silent system and it's not bad. i have had quieter coolers on my video cards but it works wonderfully. not a single problem yet. i would definitely recommend it if you can stand the fan. (it's just like the sound of a midrange cfm 80 mm fan running at full speed, but not like a roaring tornado.)

ntpphong

not here.., i moded it a bit and putsome as3 on the gpu and the memory, now waiting for the digital doc to measure the temps.