• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How future proof is the Alienware Alpha? Windows version not steam machine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Its already dated.

"Witcher 3 at 60 fps"... right. Im SURE that means 1080p and high settings right? *Rolls eyes*

It has an undisclosed "gtx 2gb graphics card", which could literally be a few different cards.

4gb of ram is laughable nowadays. This machine is essentially a laptop built into a small form factor pc. Not entirely uncool, but if youre looking for a gaming machine, that thing wont last too long, as upgrading it will be extremely difficult. At best you could probably add some ram and a bigger hdd.

If 300$ is your budget, get a console imo.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
What are your uses for the machine? I vaguely recall from your other similar thread, that gaming was part of it? Like the others said, you are not going to get a solid PC machine that games for $300...

Tír na nÓg

I would lean to the used parts market...
Could build something decent for 400 bucks. Like an i3 with a 7970 and even a small SSD...
Mobo+CPU+Ram: +/- $150. GPU $100/$150. PSU (new, quality one) 50. Case (new) $40. 1TB HDD $70. It's between 400 and 500 for a PC that would play most games on high [email protected]

OP
M

morfiction

Okay. :D I give up. Being cheap won't let me game. I'll just have to get back to writing for indie game developers.