• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are the Z540 speakers compared to Yamaha MS201 compared to the Logitec 560's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

How good are the Z540 speakers compared to Yamaha MS201 compared to the Logitec 560's

Logitech Z540 4.1 speakers with sub compared to

Yamaha MS201 with subwoofer

Are these choices a good alternative to the Logitech 560's for a cheaper cost cause I can buy the 540's for about $58 US or the Yamaha for about $48 US

Puropse for gaming and general musioc playback , dvd use as well do not really care if they are not 5.1 , if I need that I watch DVD on home theatre system.

Cisco KId

Benolan

Registered
I have those and am very happy with them.. I can't compare it to anything else though... Also, you can get those 540s at techsavings.com for a little less

DipStickTony

Ive got the 560's

sub 188 Watts rms, satelites 212 watts rms total....

I have never been able to crank them past more then 1/3 of the way without at least 1 person in my house complaining, and when I do that my dog goes nuts because the entire house shakes.

I used to have the 540's, before I returned them to get the 560's. The 540's sound good in their own right, and are a very nice upgrade from a standard 2 speaker setup or headphones, but the 560's simply blow them away.

But those yamahas...not sure. Id go with the 540's.

Another option for you to look at is the Altec XA3021 , these just came out and they look pretty cool. Also they come with all the hookups to work with your tv or computer, so if you got a console system you can beef the sound up on that too. You can get them at newegg for 68$ shipped

btw 540's 46$ shipped at newegg
yamahas 48$ shipped newegg

OP
C

Cisco Kid

thanks for the input guys, I would go the 560's but when I need real quality sound I have such a nice stero system w 5.1, dunno if I would really notice the diff myself, anything I can step up to between the 540's or yamies and the 560's for a bit more??

Cisco KId