• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are Visual Sensations monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I am thinking about getting a new monitor, and I found a 21" refurb Visual Sensations monitor and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

CompuDrew

Registered
I had a KDS Visual Sensations monitor for a couple years. The only reason I sold my 19" (for $50) was because I got a 22" Mitsubishi for $40. :D

Mine was brand new when I bought it, but for the money vs. specs, the KDS monitors are hard to beat, IMO.

JDXNC

I have 2 of the 17" versions and like in the last post, Price vs performance is very good. They're almost 4 years old now and not a hint of any problems. Just check on the refresh rate if you like high res, I can only do 60Hz at 1280 x 1024.

larva

Inactive Moderator
KDS rocks

I've sold hundreds of KDS monitors, they are my choice in a reasonably priced set. They are available in both flat screen (Mitsubishi Diamondtron tubes) as well as conventional styles (Invar shadow mask). I personally use the VS195i 19" set, and love it dearly. Big and bright, with sharp text and vivid colors. KDS has a strong warranty as well, 3 years in most cases. I've paid a lot more for NEC, Phillips, MAG, and Viewsonic monitors but am far happier with my KDS than any else I have owned. For a long time KDS had a buy 8 get one free deal on their 17" monitors, and I bought them by the pallete load. KDS is one of those refreshing cases where you seem to get far more than what you pay for, and I give them my highest recomendation. Failure rates on the units I have sold have been uncommonly low as well.

JimmyG

I have a VS190i. I bought it at a computer show and it went bad after about a month. I sent it to KDS and got a new one (I had to pay the freight one way). That one was dead on arrival. I sent it back (I had to pay the freight one way). The third one is what I am using right now. I have had it for about 9 months and it has a very good picture and is stable. It has one quirk though, it doesn't power up until the cpu beeps, so I can't see the video card boot sequence. I had another monitor that did that (the predecessor of this one).

Draw your own conclusions.

ed8150

Re: KDS rocks

larva said:
I've sold hundreds of KDS monitors, they are my choice in a reasonably priced set. They are available in both flat screen (Mitsubishi Diamondtron tubes) as well as conventional styles (Invar shadow mask). I personally use the VS195i 19" set, and love it dearly. Big and bright, with sharp text and vivid colors. KDS has a strong warranty as well, 3 years in most cases. I've paid a lot more for NEC, Phillips, MAG, and Viewsonic monitors but am far happier with my KDS than any else I have owned. For a long time KDS had a buy 8 get one free deal on their 17" monitors, and I bought them by the pallete load. KDS is one of those refreshing cases where you seem to get far more than what you pay for, and I give them my highest recomendation. Failure rates on the units I have sold have been uncommonly low as well.

are you on the kds payroll by any chance?

larva

Inactive Moderator
Re: Re: KDS rocks

ed8150 said:

are you on the kds payroll by any chance?

No, KDS is a Korean concern, and could care little about me or my opinion. They do produce great products though, and I have no reason not to relate my experience with them. Possibly you could relate your experience with them, or perhaps just shut up.