• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is a Lian Li?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

futura2001

Are Lian Li cases really that great? Is it worth it to spend 160+ on an aluminum case when I can just put fans in a $60 case? Or does the Lian Li cool better than a steel case to the extent that I will see a major improvement in my case temps?
Futura

Lian Li cases have great airflow thru them & that's the reason they cool well not because of the Alu thing. They are extremely well built & look good too. If you got the money to burn go right ahead if not then you can always make a case cool just as good with a little elbow grease & imagination.

PS Look in sig for my choice:cool:

Nice...
I wish I had money to burn on a PC70. I guess it is back to the old idea of 6 120 intakes on the bottom and 6 120 exhausts at the top. Or some more efficient system.
Futura

I bought a PC-60 (black) a couple months back and have been very happy with it. At first I thought I had gone insane after I realized how much I spent on it. But it really is a quality case.

The PC-60 is a midtower, but it's roomier inside than any other midtower I've seen. Heck, I fit all of the equipment in my sig (big pump AND big rad) inside.

Sonny hit it on the head. Good airflow, solid build. If you have the money, I think you'll be happy with it.

One more thing... it was a lot easier for me to cut through the aluminum with my dremel (blowhole) than a steel case ever was.

Just to tease you:D

PC61 of somebody I don't know;
rights.jpg

Custom Anodize work on the chassis & Laser etching:

ints.jpg

I still like it plain. My PC70 in all it's boring clear anodized skin;

Last edited:
Lian-li also makes a budget case:
lian-li pc7
Its just as good as the pc-60's quality wise.
Only difference? no slide-out mobo tray, and anodized thumb screws. The screws you can pick up anytime almost anywhere.
As for the mobo tray, i'll just have to live without it for now.
I've seen this case as low as $110, prob. at least $50-$65 cheaper than its high end counterparts.

sonny is that you in that avatar?
You guys wish, I think he just uses that since its purty. :D

Hopefully I'm wrong.. we need answer.. lol

Futura, Get the Lian-Li PC60. I just built a new system with one and I can honestly say it's the best case I have ever owned! Airflow is excellent and it's extremely well built, plus it looks COOL!!! I know they are expensive, but you won't regret buying one. If you have to wait a few weeks and save some $. No BS, they are worth it IMO. Good luck, Kent :)

or if your are lazy:D , get the PC65, it comes with a window.
if you are getting the Lianli, the fans that somes with the case isn't that good, may be 23cfm each? upgrade them to Sunon or other brand.

No doubt about it...

I just upgraded from my full tower STEEL case to a mid-tower PC60 ($110 at newegg) aluminum case and have to admit I'm astonished at the difference in cooling...

My T-bird 1 gig in the steel tower with oodles of fans never got below 140F. My 2000+ in the aluminum mid-tower keeps the processor at a cool 102F (about 39C) AND its OC'd to 1.82Gig!!!

Although I admit it has a lot to do with heatsink/fan, I still expected a mid-tower to run a lot hotter than my full tower on the best day...

To those of you who think they can do better with steel go for it, but any good steel tower costs just as much as a aluminum mid-tower from lian-li...

Do ya want the BMW M-series ready to race out of the factory or do ya want the ****ty little honda that costs the same amount as the BMW to get to perform half as well. (keeping in mind mods can still be made on the BMW/lian-li)... aww yeah analogies...

-HJSS ... DOH!

I just sold my PC60, just to try something new, since
it`s performance wasn`t something astonishing. I did
like moving motherboard tray and fan speed switch.
Also it`s lite and sexy looking, but i`m also plesed with
this havy Antec sx840. It cools better, comes with good
PS and has some other nice features.
The only thing i miss from Lian-Li is moving motherboard tray.

Back