• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is this mobo....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never heard anything on it but my epox is awesome, I would though suggest that if you are buying a new processor also, that you get a socket 478 one.

I don't know this model, but all my other Epox MBs are
great. Easy to OC, solid. Some do have an issue
with a low 5VDC rail, but a good 350 W PSU other than
Enermax will work fine.

zervun said:
Never heard anything on it but my epox is awesome, I would though suggest that if you are buying a new processor also, that you get a socket 478 one.
He already has the processor, so he cant really get a p4 board.

wasn't sure if he was going to use his old processor or not =) saw that he had a p3 in his sig. All the Epox boards seem to be pretty solid right now with the exception of some have problems fitting the new geforce4's in because of a capacitor

Hi Tecumseh.

You said epox boards are great with good 350W power supplies except Enermax, why do you say that? I was thinking to buy an enermax 350W or perhaps 430W for the epox 4bda2+ mobo.

Regards.
Kenn.

k3nnis said:
Hi Tecumseh.

You said epox boards are great with good 350W power supplies except Enermax, why do you say that? I was thinking to buy an enermax 350W or perhaps 430W for the epox 4bda2+ mobo.

Regards.
Kenn.

Epox and the Enermax PSU don't mix. The Enermax has a lack of 5v rails with Epox as it demands so much power, and it'll give you problems. I've seen the 5v rail go as low as 4.3v on that thing which will cause instablity etc.

well my 5v rail stays at 4.89/4.92 should that be enough for my epox. i wasn't aware of this problem until now.

Hey.
NAsoccer, which power supply do you have? I think i may get a TOPOWER power supply, they are made in taiwan too.

Regards.
Kenn.

k3nnis said:
Hi Tecumseh.

Regards.
Kenn.

Sorry, I was away for a while. Thanks, Yodums, you
answered the question for me. :) Note that there
are a few other PSUs that have the same problem.
Sometimes I have had two of the same make and
model....one good and solid, the other not.

Epox will eventually have to do something about this.
I LOVE these boards otherwise. :)

Back