• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is this rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
its an alrite rad, it wont cool a really high wattage processor very well, but for your 1.3 itll do just fine, later on you may want to invest in a heater core

mfpmax

ah, its so cute.

Yeah, thats radiator used to be okay back when the Celeron 500s were around. Its half the size of a full size one.

See about yoinking a heatercore from a Sierra or something.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
itll do fine on his athlon, expect water temps around 8c over ambient. or a little more. its not gonna get you super cool temps, but itll work just fine

OP
S

splash back

Registered
r there ne rlly small heater cores that r RLLLLLLYYYYYY cheap remember im working on poket money

JasonKosi

I just ordered an 86 Chevette heater core (about 7" x 6" x 2" give or take 1/2") from autozone.com for US$25 shipped. All of the local autoparts shops wanted $30+ for similar sized heater cores, so this is a pretty good deal in my area.

Edit: sorry, just noticed that you're in England... Hmm, you could try doing a google search for places that sell autoparts in your area.

frostmeister

I have a couple of heatercores out of some ford fiestas; Together they measure about 30 cm by 30 - 40cm. I stuck them together with chemical metal when I was trying out watercooling stuff ages ago. I was going to use a desktop fan in a box with these, away from the PC originally. Although I'd need to fix them up to seal them together and make them usable, you're welcome to have them if you pay the shipping / come and get them (I payed £10 at a scrappy and they're sitting doing nowt now). I'm in Norfolk if you're interested Splashback. I'll post some more details when I get home from work (night shifts at the mo) and include a picture of them at the moment. I haven't tried them in a "real world situation" kind of setup, but they look like they'd do pretty well. They do look a bit battered but like I say, I can tidy them up for you.

OP
S

splash back

Registered
kinda difficult im in surrey and Norfolk is quites some way ill hav ta ask my parents but ill try. Thanks

frostmeister

Sorry for the delay... Anyway, here's a pic of the rad. I don't know if the pic's clear enough, but it's a foot across the actual core almost exactly. I'll patch up the gap in the middle and make it a bit more ship shape if you want it.