• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how high can i go p4 intel [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paul01

Can i get a higher clockspeed then this and can anyone tell me how.
I tryd to set the cpu frequeny higher then 120 but then i got hangup!!!
so is there a nother way

i have a pentium 4 [email protected] willenette

cpu frequeny multiple 17x (lockt)
cpu frequeny mhz 120
cpu memory frequeny ratio 3:4
cpu vcore 1.825V

Thanx for any reply!!

AZN

AznSniper
thats about the limits of that cpu. the willy was never a good OCer so sorry. u should have gotten a northwood if u wanted better OCs.

NiTrO bOiE

Yep, thats as far you are going to go. 1.6 Northwoods are really cheap now (under $100) you might want to pick one up. They can hit 2.2 effertlessly.

alien76

Mostly all 1.6A hits 2400Mhz ( 150FSB ) or at least 2133 ( 133FSB). Your CPU has reached the limit ( around 2000Mhz is limit for Willammete core ). If you want higher overclocks and frequencies you really need Northwood.

batboy

Senior Moment
Some 1.7 Willamettes were socket 423 and some were socket 478. If it's a socket 478, then a BIOS update will allow Northwood support.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Before we go crazy with speculation, Paul, what kind of motherboard do you have?
If it is socket 478, then a 1.8A should hit 2.4ghz easily, and a 1.6A should get there, too.

mateo

Ouch, that's SDRAM, you'd seriously better get a newer mobo if you're looking for any sort of good performance.