• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high do you think this would get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Northwood 1.8A? It wouldn't get as high as new ones because it's an older stepping, but how high could I expect to get on one of these? 2.5Ghz? 2.8Ghz maybe?

I am currently running my 1.8@ 2.52 with the CPU voltage at 1.58 ( asus overvolts by .8 volts) and it is very stable. I will be ordering some XMS pc2700 soon because I believe it will go further. I have the SL66Q chip from Costa Rica. My cpu temp is 28-30c, 42c under load. I do believe 2.8 is not out of the question with better ram.

Generally, 133 FSB is a no brainer (2.4 gig). Any more than that depends on components plus the stepping and age of the CPU (and how lucky you are).

I figured I would push it a little further so I went to 2610mhz. Lo-and-behold it is still stable with pc2100 memory. My temps stayed the same as when I was 2.5ghz under stress with SiSandre Burn-in. My cpu voltage is still 1.58.

Back