• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high of a FSB are you able to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doctor said:
I'm running @ 164 right now, cus my CPU is maxed out, but I've had it to 172 @ CAS-2, and 180 for a short period @ CAS-2.5. (CPUFSB)

Corsair XMS2400, 2T

:)

Doc

im impressed. ive found the 1.4GHz chip to be not so good of a over clocker....unlike my 1GHz AXIA that i can get 600MHz extra out of my 1.4GHz can (sofar) only go 120MHz more before becoming unstable...(need a better cooler). u did a great job....1.8GHz is awesome!

lubetek said:

im impressed. ive found the 1.4GHz chip to be not so good of a over clocker....unlike my 1GHz AXIA that i can get 600MHz extra out of my 1.4GHz can (sofar) only go 120MHz more before becoming unstable...(need a better cooler). u did a great job....1.8GHz is awesome!

depending on which stepping you have you should be able to hit 1.6 with a good hsf once you get past 1650 your in water cooling territory.

Kosmic1 said:
I'm at 150, 2.7v DDR voltage, 1.825 vcore. I run totally stable and have decent temps in this range with air cooling. I ran at 155 for a while, but the temps were higher than I liked and I couldn't run the most aggressive memory timings and stay stable.

K1

exact same here, even my vcore is the same but i run at 151 so ha! :p

I've had mine as high as 161 @ default voltage. DDR had to go to 2.7v's though. It run's stable but can't play any games. It will kick me back to the desktop. I think it'll go higher but have'nt tried. I need better cooling. This SK6 with 80mm fan adapter is'nt cutting it. I'm hoping to unlock my XP this weekend so I can raise the multiplier as well.

Last edited:
well now that i got better cooling i can run 155FSB perfectly
stable in all aps! w00t!

1.85 vcore was the only change

Back