• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot can 1.2 Celeron's run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davesalisburyuk

Registered
Ok how hot is it safe to run a 1.2gig celeron? mine is currently @ 1.4gig (117fsb), but next week it is going to be pushed upto 133fsb :), my temps at the moment are =

CPU = 34*c
Case = 28*c
Both are at 'load'

When i push up the fsb the cpu temp is going to go up too, i predict around 39/40 maybe up to 45*c is it ok to run it at 45*c and what is the maxium temp these can safely run at?

Last edited:

TASOS

You wont have a problem if your temps @full load are 45C
Just make sure that your temp readings are accurate.

Over 45C proceed with caution

John1975

Helpful Member
I found that my chip would crash everytime the cpu got over 40c when I was running 1.6ghz. The only way I was able to stay below 40c was to have my volcano 7 at full speed and that was too noisy.

But who knows, you may get a good chip.

This was just my experience

John

Deadlifter

Registered
My 1.1A will top out at 45C without any stability problems under full load. I could probably run it cooler if I weren't using the 24 CFM Sunon fan on my SK6, but hey it works well as is so I'm not worried. That, plus I've got some voltage headroom to play with if I need another bump to get stability when summer comes around.

TASOS

John1975 said:
I found that my chip would crash everytime the cpu got over 40c when I was running 1.6ghz. The only way I was able to stay below 40c was to have my volcano 7 at full speed and that was too noisy.

But who knows, you may get a good chip.

This was just my experience

John

Your crashes arent from temps problem
....It's more like a voltage problem or the unwilling 1.2Tually that doesnt like the 133 fsb

John1975

Helpful Member
TASOS said:

Your crashes arent from temps problem
....It's more like a voltage problem or the unwilling 1.2Tually that doesnt like the 133 fsb

I get the same speeds with and without the vid pin mod. I am at 1.7v.

I can run stable as long as the room is cold enough to keep the cpu under 40c..........I can run hours like that. But as soon as I get over 41 or so it crashes.

You can run faster at lower temps, and the highest temp the chip I have will run 1.6 is 40c, for other people it may be a higher temp they are stable at or a lower temp.