• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is too hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT

Registered
What is too high of a temperature for the P-4 Northwoods?? Idle temp and full load temp.

What are some average temperatures that people are getting?

Thanks

When overclocking, idle doesn't mean nothing. Idle depends on the airflow of your case, and why would you want to know idle temperatures when it's idle! :D

Full Load should be 40-45. 50 is like the dead limit. Let me say this, just because Intel says its thermal spec is like 70, and your at 60. You always want to get as much away from that thing, especially when overclocking!

Yodums

No problems, what are your temperatures? I've found that the Prime95 Torture Test, brings out the best out of a full load temperature.

Northwood should be hovering around the lower 40's at full load at stock, they put out as much heat as AMD when your overclocking, and adding the extra voltage to it, so it goes up to 50 load. This is based on the Intel retail cooler, as many people here overclock with that.

Yodusm

Having been running Prime95 and Toast for over 24 hours now and temperatures haven't went over 44 C. Using stock Intel heatsink with stock FSB right now. As soon as I get my water block in it will be water cooled and I'll crank it up!!!

Thanks again.

Back