• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is tooo hot??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, it came off of the Thermaltake Volcano 11+. I check the stats on the fan and it looks good, unless their is something better.

Here are the stats anyway:

80x80x25 mm
Fan Speed
1300 ±10% RPM at 20°C ~
4800 ±10% RPM at 55°C
Max. Air Flow 20.55 CFM at 20°C~
75.70 CFM at 55°C

Dang, 4800 rpms on an 80mm fan? That must be one annoying whine when it gets going :D . Why I was wondering is that some of the fans people use are very low pressure fans and they don't cool the base of the HS at all. Your fan is probably fairly high pressure, being that it was from a HS and that it runs at such a high rpm. Thanks for grabbing the info :)

AMD-Me said:
Well i guess theres one solution for all of you...
WATER COOLING

:D

If I went in that direction, I have to get a whole new case because mine now is too small to house it. Need a case that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Got any in mind?

clocker2 said:
Keep your current case and house the watercooling components in an external box.

Hmmm, sounds like a plan. Is there any good watercooling starter kits or is it better to get them "piece-by-piece"? I know nothing about watercooling, so give me all the info you can fine. :D

Back