• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How, in the name of folding, did I ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

wind up with only 30.2 points for a day total at the last update??? Methinks something is rotton is Stanford.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
NedClocker said:
wind up with only 30.2 points for a day total at the last update??? Methinks something is rotton is Stanford.

the stats server crashed and Bijay said that they have been working on it all day but it is back up, i guess it is still trying to account for all the WU's turned in during its downtime!

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
NedClocker

NedClocker

Thanks, NAS. You da man, there is no doubt about it. (It used to be ploaf.) :D

muddocktor

Retired
Good luck on getting your work, Ned. I'm still missing 13 pAla7-2 WU's and I'm definitely not holding my breath waiting for Stanford to give me my credit.:rolleyes: I just hope they get the darn servers, both stats and work servers, lined out soon as this is starting to get real old, losing so many WU's. Vijay says he input the WU's from the last stats server outage, which was around 11/5 or 11/6, but I haven't had 130 points show up yet.:(

OP
NedClocker

NedClocker

muddocktor said:
Good luck on getting your work, Ned. I'm still missing 13 pAla7-2 WU's and I'm definitely not holding my breath waiting for Stanford to give me my credit.:rolleyes: I just hope they get the darn servers, both stats and work servers, lined out soon as this is starting to get real old, losing so many WU's. Vijay says he input the WU's from the last stats server outage, which was around 11/5 or 11/6, but I haven't had 130 points show up yet.:(

Thanks, mud. You know, I know a lot of people do, but I've never sat down and figured out whether I'm getting all of the points I'm supposed to be getting. Maybe I should do that. :confused:

muddocktor

Retired
I normally don't either Ned, but the pAla's were so easy to track plus I watched my rigs turn in a bunch of WU's while the stats server was down, so I decided to see if I would get credit for them. If Stanford didn't give credit, it would definitely be a big hit in the points due to the large point value of those WU's, so to say. I might try PM'ing Vijay with all the machine ID's I was using while folding those pAla's. That will give him something to do because I was running 20 instances of [email protected] on 6 rigs, due to the lousy server reliability.:D

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Folding

You weren't alone in stocking up on the pAla's. No wonder the Gromacs and stats servers have been choking... :rolleyes:

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
NedClocker said:
Looking in your rearview mirror are we? My production seems to be way up, even after the gromacs 10 pointers, I am up to 145 points/day and have added no new rigs. I'll take it. Hmmm, maybe stanford is giving me YOUR points:eek: FOLD ON!!!

Loggitt

Registered
After it was posted, I noticed on the "Current Standings" web page that my week five was way off. 5.59 points for one whole week is a mile off, considering the amount of time my computer was folding during week five. I think a lot of them were included in week four's total by looking how far off that one is compared to my usual 20 to 30 points a week. I came just that ".59" close to losing week five's contest entry. :D

Kaneda

i jumped from 265 to 243 or something like that :O i definetly dont have enough folding power to do that in 1 day. so sumthin must have been broke

OP
NedClocker

NedClocker

Re: Re: How, in the name of folding, did I ...

nikhsub1 said:

Looking in your rearview mirror are we?

Yes, but I am not addicted. :rolleyes: Denial IS a river in Egypt.

nikhsub1 said:

Hmmm, maybe stanford is giving me YOUR points:eek: FOLD ON!!!

Could be! That would explain it. Maybe I accidently typed in nikhsub1 instead of Ned Clocker. Nah. Maybe my evil twin brother did it. Sounds like something he would do.