• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is My new Gaming computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepybear999

Hey guys first time here. Just wanted to get some feedback on this computer I customized at Ibuypower before I buy it. the total is around 1400. Im looking to play MMO's and high graphic games and want fast load times. Thanks.

Case 1 x Apex EL 660 Gaming Case - Black
Case Lighting X
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction X
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion X
Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7 4820K Processor (4x 3.70GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 4820K
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive X
Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 1 x 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand **FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2**
Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 - 2GB
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014 - FREE with any System ($49 Value)
Motherboard 1 x Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
Power Supply 1 x 600 Watt - Standard - Free Upgrade to 600W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 80 PLUS
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 128 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD -- Read: 530MB/s, Write: 390MB/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive 1 x 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
2nd Optical Drive X
Media Card Reader / Writer X
Meter Display X
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
USB Expansion Card X
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse
Monitor X
2nd Monitor X
Speaker System 1 x Logitech S120 2.0 Speaker System
Webcam X
Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
Advanced Build Options 1 x Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring
Case Engraving Service X
Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - [RUSH !!!], Ship Out in 5 Business Days

What kind of "high graphics games"? That GTX 750 would be ok for many MMOs, but for things like BF4 it may struggle, especially at higher resolutions.

Power Supply 1 x 600 Watt - Standard

^^Wording like that scares me. No branding or anything.

How much are they charging for the Logitech speakers? You could pick them up for <$10 from Amazon.

What about going with Win8 over Win7? Apparently it's fairly straight forward to get a Win7 "look", and it's the newer OS.

Are you going to use all 4 PCIe slots? That motherboard alone is $250 on Newegg. I'd be surprised if they don't have a decent board for half the price with just 2 PCIe slots. (Do they even let you change the board?)
(OK, maybe not 1/2 the price, but there are cheaper s2011 boards out there. Maybe switch to s1150...)

What are they charging for the "extras", such as the wiring and noise dampening? These things you could probably do on your own if needed and from my experience it's where some companies like to drive up the price.

Creepybear, welcome to the forums. :welcome:

I'm sure the folks here can help you put together a nicer setup for the same price. You can always pickup accessories on sale.

Welcome creepybear. A few other questions for you.

Do you have to use ibuypower?

Do you have access to newegg, tigerdirect, amazon, or pcpartpicker?

Do you live near a microcenter?

Generally speaking, for gaming only rigs. It's better to get the best graphics card you can afford and build around that. Which brings up the next question...

what resolution will you be gaming at?

How many monitors?

Did you buy all the parts yet, if not I would purchase a GTX 770.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go with that socket for just a gaming computer, especially when getting a quad core with it. The 750 is not a strong card, I suggest building your own with a 4670k/4770k (or the refreshed lineup) with a cheaper motherboard and using the spare money for a GTX770 or above.

Back