• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how is this number?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hc1001

i just finished my first water setup and my max temp is 40C under prime95 torture test. is this good??? lemme kno....my panflo 120mm fan makes lots of noise....i might have to get those rubber things to reduce vibration.....

OP
H

hc1001

my sig had a typo....but that was with a alpha HSF. im testing out the cpu now. it idles at 30C. panaflo 120mm fan, u never heard of panaflos???

The Spyder

no..... panaflo are some of the nicest fans out there~ what model do you have>? What WC setup are you using? BYO?
Spyder

OP
H

hc1001

its the panaflo L model. L= low i got a maze3, eheim 1048, DD gf3 waterblock, black ice pro radiator and i made my own res. all 1/2 fittings....the fan noise is from the vibration i think.....

Rakk

How close is your fan to the radiator? Also, are you using a shroud on your fan?

If your fan is too close to the radiator you will generate a lot of noise. If you don't have a shroud try experimenting with some cardboard and tape to work out the best distance to set the fan from the rad - start at about half an inch away and keep going back until you find the optimum distance (make sure you give the system time to stabilise on each test).