• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long can I trust a D5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

I was thinking about the age of some parts in my system , and it struck me that my d5 is @ least 10 years old could be almost 13 . It has been running @ least 75% of that time . Should I pick a new one up ? Im kinda tempted to just leave it till it dies I cant see sitting @ desktop idle(even with no pump) would do much but figured I would ask you guys .

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
run her till she dies, there is a risk though, but then even new stuff arrives doa, so run it.

maxfly

wow youve definitely gotten your monies worth out of it! That is great longevity. Ive gone through 5 or six ddc 1s in that length of time. i agree with caddi just run it.

myndlessdayz

Til death do you part! I had my first D5 for over 8 years. Came home one day to hear it running dry RIP :( Switch to a mp50x and that didn't even last 2 years when it started to whine then to a slow rough, vibrating sound. Noped and I'm back to a new lovely D5.