• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many of you have killed your cpu from OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specific

i have an old 1800 pally sitting on my desk like it will one day just fix itself and work again

i can't let it go, it reminds me not to make mistakes

Da_Beeblebrox

Lol... Bubba Gump carries his dead pally every single place he goes.

He hole punched it and has it on his backpack zipper... girls ask him what it is and hes like "Its umm... the thing that does all the main stuff for your computer" they are like "whoooaaa danggg"

Syphere

Da_Beeblebrox said:
Lol... Bubba Gump carries his dead pally every single place he goes.

He hole punched it and has it on his backpack zipper... girls ask him what it is and hes like "Its umm... the thing that does all the main stuff for your computer" they are like "whoooaaa danggg"

I gotta do that! Maybe I can get some girls. Hehe :cool:

Fast420A

I have a dead 1900 that is sitting on my desk so I can practice blowing the bridges before I do it to my working processor.

altec

polka dot ninja
I never killed one, but I have a 2200 that is just chillin on my desk...I kind of want a couple dead CPU's so that I can pry the core to one of them open and see what it looks like in there, and another for a keychain. :)

modenaf1

Syphere said:

I gotta do that! Maybe I can get some girls. Hehe :cool:
hehe

everyone is amazed by people like us. I was a total loser then after my carrer day presentation (shadowed network admin/server people), im being called a "stud."

altec

polka dot ninja
People at my new school were amazed by my geekiness. I hide it pretty well, but sometimes it just come flowing out, and I can't control it. Now everyone knows I am a computer nerd, but they all still like me the same. :D

f00t

altec said:
People at my new school were amazed by my geekiness. I hide it pretty well, but sometimes it just come flowing out, and I can't control it. Now everyone knows I am a computer nerd, but they all still like me the same. :D

exact same goes for me. I even get special jobs by teachers/ other pupils to fix their puters/ make things for them (mods etc.)

I have seen others immitate our stilish way, but they just crash and burn and we take over. I love beeing a geek

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
I've had one early AMD 750 get cracked, but it was't my fault.

A cheapassed piece of crap waterblock mounting device broke
and when it did, it slid at a weird angle on the processors
core and took a corner off.

I WILL NEVER buy anything from BeCooling again. They didn't
even take 2 seconds to listen to my complaint. They literally
hung up on me as soon as I started to explain how their
retention device failed.

I wrote a big article about it, I dont' recall if it made the front
page here or not. Plus, that was a LONG time ago.

I will still never purchase anything from them again though.

B-auto

The least they could do is listen to what you have to say.

I've never killed a processor.

:)

Last edited:

Twister

Never killed a processor overclocking it. But if not seating the heatsink properly qualifies, add my early efforts with 1900 &1600 AMD processors. I still have a working 750 Duron that hit the 1 Ghz mark back in the day. I'll never let that thing go. That was a milestone in Overclocking at that time ! Might get a glass case for that chip and put it up on the mantel with my sons homerun balls :)

kamz

killed a 1.4 t'bird ajyha sumting, was cleaning it with nail vanish remover, reapllied AC3 but i dont think i dried the cpu properly, switched it on and burn smell came...

no going bak after that, but hey i now have a 1800dlt3c jiuhb running at 200*11.5 so i gues it was a blessing in disguise