• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many rigs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rugbyroy

I'm pretty new to this SETI stuff, and I'm looking at the top 100 and yall are pullin down 300 WU's a day somehow whilst I get around eight. I'm just wondering how many rigs you people have working on this?

DanFraser

I used to have four machines, one being a dual. The guys churning out loads of WUs probably have around 40-50 or even higher!

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I have 11 systems running, one of which is a dual and another a P4 with HT. This puts out about 80 per day.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
before i disband my home farm and shut down my remote location, i used to have about 10 machine at home, 2 of them are duallie. and my remote location has 'bout 40 PIII 450 & 10 PIV 2.4. plus friends/relatives' machine. all full blow, could put out 230-260wu/day.

Burning Phoenix

Look at my sig i updated last night. The first 2 were producing approx. 16+ wu's a day. I just added 1 2000XP a few nights ago and now that is running 24/7 with a new day average of 21+.
I will hope o have the second 2000XP off and running diskless tonight or tomorrow night which hopefully will give another 5+ wu's per day. Finally i just ordered from newegg.com the newest system which should be here by the end of the week. From what i hear the 800fsb chips can double the output when compared to an equal sized chip without HT. When all is said and done (actaully i have plans for 2 more 2000XP's) by next week i hope to put out over 42+ wu's a day.

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
Keystoner!

Heh! Roy, good to see another Keystoner lurking in the forum and on the Team. At present I have 6 machines running a total of seven processors 24/7 for the cause. Gets me roughly 60 WUs per day if none of them have a temper tantrum.

BTW - Where in Penn's Woods do you hang your hat?

SkyHook

OP
rugbyroy

rugbyroy

I am from west chester, or as I call it Dub C but I am living at my apartment at school in lock haven. Where in york are you from?

v8vega350

i have 5 at my house and i can only uplaod from 4 at a time and one at a friends house that i only do about once a month but i usualy do 200~230 a week on the 4 i usualy have hooked up

1 2500mhz athlon xp
1 2350mhz athlon xp
1 1950mhz athlon xp
1 1750mhz athlon xp
1 1300mhz duron
1 1400mhz athlon tbird

John LA

Hey jdmcnudgent
How many wu's you getting out of the 2.4c? I'm just waiting on my P4C800D to put mine together. Wont push it as far as yours but should be able to get over 3g on air I think.

LA

texasfit

I have 4 rigs right now. Fairly new cruncher myself but looks like I should be at 46-50 wu's a day starting now with the rigs in my sig.

Will be adding a 5th when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks. P4P800 w/2.8C should add another 16-20 wu's and put me in the 62-70 wu's a day range.

OP
rugbyroy

rugbyroy

Ha! last night I installed SETI on my girlfriends computer, then tried to explain what it is.... talk about a blank stare! I'm up to 2 rigs now! on a down side hers will only put out like 3 a day =\