• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much did you spend on your water cooling setup poll? (2011-2012)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much did you spend on your watercooling setup for your main system?

• $100 or less

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • $101 - $300

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • $301 - $500

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • $501 - $700

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • $701 - $900

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • $901 - $1100

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • $1101 - $1300

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • $1301 - $1500

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • $1501 - $1700

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1701 - $1900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1901 and higher

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muddocktor

Retired
As the thread title states, how much did you spend on the water cooling setup in your main system? Note: this is just for watercooling for your main system, not the amount you've spent getting multiple systems watercooled.

Last years thread is located
right here.

The thread previous to the above thread is
right here.

And I am changing the levels on the money spent on this poll yet again as the last one's choices were still too low to give a proper curve. I did much better, but still had a bunch grouped at the very highest cost choice.

mudd

Last edited:
This poll and thread is now open. My cooling for my main rig still hasn't changed, but I did have to replace my heater core because the old one sprung a leak in it, so I replaced it with a new heater core just like it. Since my U2-UFO case is spaced out for old style Thermochill rads, I couldn't go with a store-bought replacement. So I'm in the $301-500 category.

On this build I'm using a new case, new tubing, new fittings, but all other WaCo components are the same as last build. Dual-D5s, dual GPU, silver Kryos, Mo-Ra 2 Pro, Aquaero, Bitspower throughout. So I'm gonna say between $1100 and $1200 on my main machine.

- (1) XSPC 360 Rad, (3) triple rotaries, (3) 3/8-5/8 compression fittings, (2) UN design pump bracket - $100
- (1) XSPC 6970 WB - $90

+ my old loop.

swift tech kit 275
gpu block 130
extra hose 35
barbs 40
clamps 8
gtx360 100
fans 130
res 40
silver 9
new case 160

ack.. i hate adding it up. over $900 and i probably forgot some stuff.... I estimated 700-900. Should have chosen the 901-1100 section.

edit:
as of tonight can add $300 to my total.

Last edited:
Hey guys I don't mean to sound like an idiot or anything but I am looking at getting a start up setup I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a $3-500 start up system. I am not trying to get into anything too hardcore (dual pumps, dual radiators, etc).
The main reason I ask is because I have no idea how to get started and where to look.
Thanks in advance.

I went with the $501 - $700 group. I know I'm low on that number. Lot's of builds and lot's of parts... and it adds up fast. The best part of my loop is the pump, Eheim 1260, bought it on 6/7/2005 and it still kicks hard.

I think I just scooted up past $1000 on my setup. I have a lot of extra parts at the moment though. Might look at selling those.

Hey guys I don't mean to sound like an idiot or anything but I am looking at getting a start up setup I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a $3-500 start up system. I am not trying to get into anything too hardcore (dual pumps, dual radiators, etc).
The main reason I ask is because I have no idea how to get started and where to look.
Thanks in advance.

Start with the stickies in this section, they will get you on the right track.

Once i hit $1000 i stopped counting but if I had to estimate i would say in the low 2000's

The real cost of water cooling is deceiving as you end up spending money slowly over a relatively long time to get the loop just perfect. Its not like a video card where you plunk your $500 down all at once...

I don't think I would ever drop $700 all at once for a WCing setup, but my current loop and all the associated parts are roughly worth that. Its been a slow process over the last few years or so...
Hell, a handful of "custom" fittings and a couple Gentle Typhoons is over $100 lol.
Its sad when my WCing setup is worth more then the parts its cooling :p

Back