• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much FSB with a PC2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Depends on the ram. Some will make 166. Some probably wont make 134

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
Ive previously been at over 170 mhz with a Epox kha+ and it was very stable except in games which caused it to lock up. ( and im not much of a game player, so it was no big problem :D )
In this situation it was not actually the memory which held me back but my sound card stangely enough, I had to remove it to exceed 160 mhz FSB.
A lot of people hit around 170+ mhz with Crucial and big voltage on the Kha+ as well a while back, however my choice was Kingmax

SlowBurn

I have 2 sticks of Crucial 256 MB PC2100, and I'm at 175 FSB (vcore 1.85, DDR 2.65). I haven't tried to go higher yet, but I will. If you want to know what I'm using in my rig, it's in my sig :D

Maxvla

i have a stick of crucial pc2100 that does 196mhz but your mileage may vary.

Garfield

I have 1 stick of 256meg Crucial pc2100 and i've already gotten it up to 160 fsb with no stability problems at all. And I plan to keep going, and so far my memory isn't posing a problem. i've only raised the vdimm +.10 and i'm still going strong! :D

Dr3w

i have one 512 stick of crucial 2100 and yesterday i wacked it to 166 but it went into a continious reboot loop- before i reached windows.

woul di need to up the dram voltage at this higher speed?

also would it be a good idea to get the ram up to like 150 (ish) and burnit in for a while at that speed- then try going higher?

thankyou