• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much heat can a MO-RA3 360 handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Build a shroud. You're wasting real estate by not have air blowing through all of the rad.
I like the big fan idea, just use all of it.

It would be interesting to see temp differences between that and 9 120mm fans. I see a lot of wasted rad space that will not be getting airflow with that setup.

Maybe consider building a shroud so that the fan sits back from the radiator face and can pressurize the entire fin bed.

--Update--

Wow am I slow to type today:(

Build a shroud. You're wasting real estate by not have air blowing through all of the rad.
I like the big fan idea, just use all of it.

at 2000cfm, it literally makes no difference. lol

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It would be interesting to see temp differences between that and 9 120mm fans. I see a lot of wasted rad space that will not be getting airflow with that setup.

Maybe consider building a shroud so that the fan sits back from the radiator face and can pressurize the entire fin bed.

--Update--

Wow am I slow to type today:(

there is no comparison between this and 9x 120mm fans.

i would have to use 9x 200cfm server fans to match the airflow of this thing.

this will absolutely cool better than any 9x normie fans.

and the best part is the price. $20 for the fan incl. Prime shipping. and i picked up a $15 12v 240w motor speed controller. and as a bonus it REALLY cleans up my wiring.

More surface area always make s more of a difference than more CFM.

at this amount of airflow, there really wont be a difference.

I assume you are not too worried about the noise level?

not really. at full bore its quite loud. but i got a $15 12v/240W speed controller. i'll probably run it 50% speed or so. should be noticeably quieter than the 6000rpm server fans that are in the system right now.

If you're looking for the next big thing, this should suffice. :p

38478704_2149515405290061_745452867699081216_n.jpg

On a serious note, you should be fine with that much rad and whatever high RPM. Not sure how well it would do against x9 120mms overall.

I'm curious how were you able to mount it on there? I see some of the screw holes being over the fins and chambers.

So can it handle things?

dont know yet. waiting on the second 1080ti to show up, as well as the dual pump housing. switching to dual D5 pumps, dont think a single would handle it. hopefully i can start putting it together by next weekend.

I'm curious how were you able to mount it on there? I see some of the screw holes being over the fins and chambers.

it doesnt mount with any screws. it uses like a sprung zip tie type mechanism to clampis through the core. this rad's fins are very wide, just wide enough to fit the ties through. if you look at approximately the 2/4/8/10 o'clock positions around the fan, those are the "clamps". back side is a wide/flat base, cushion pad, core, cushion pad, spring, fan mount, retaining clip.

see pic here:
C10.jpg

it doesnt mount with any screws. it uses like a sprung zip tie type mechanism to clampis through the core. this rad's fins are very wide, just wide enough to fit the ties through. if you look at approximately the 2/4/8/10 o'clock positions around the fan, those are the "clamps". back side is a wide/flat base, cushion pad, core, cushion pad, spring, fan mount, retaining clip.

Ok I see now. I have to say, well thought out plan.

Over the many years I've seen car rads used but this is a first for me with a car rad fan.

Again, well done.

oh, for gawd sakes, just go 4x180 or 9x120 either way it'a way cool, I can even run mine passive with an 8350 at 5.0+, for a while.

I am running the MO-RA3 with the 4 180mm setup running the Silverstone SST-AP182 Air Penetrators, they come with adjustable speed controllers and they flat rock!

They provide the best of both worlds either extremely quiet or when more is needed they'll crank up to impressive levels.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...180mm-case-fan-w-adustable-speed-control.html

This is not your regular 180mm cooling fan and it does everything advertised and is the best money I've ever spent on a 180mm fan, many others fell short but this does not.

As far as the MO-RA handling everything you listed I'll say as long as you don't plan to seriously OC those CPUS.

I run mine on a single Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti and it's load temperature is about 30c. at 23c ambient.

IMO it is one of the best radiators money can buy I've had mine in service now about 5 years.

Trust me, you get what you pay for.

For the most part that is correct but the Silverstone SST-AP182 is a different animal. http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...180mm-case-fan-w-adustable-speed-control.html

At 2000 RPM they produce 170cfm and 6.1 static pressure and are adjustable from 500rpm to 2000rpm.

how do you guys control/power the fans? i'm assuming you both have these things external to the case.

I picked up another one of these radiators to use in my gaming computer, which will be 2x1080ti + i7-9700k (when released, i3-8100 placeholder for now). so i'm planning to go the 9x fan route. i'm planning to have both the fans and the pump external to the case and probably about 3-4ft away from the case itself (either up on a shelf or below the desk on the floor.

are you guys powering the fans/pump with an external PSU? or do you run wiring from inside your case along the tubing to the rad? just thinking of options here.

I set up a Phobya Supernova 1260 with 9x140 fans daisy chained into one connection that I power exterally with a cheap laptop charger. Not sure if I have pics here but will look for them

EDIT: not the best pics but shows the wire I made with a molex and fan connector, go back a page or two and there's a closer pic of the rad. I just took the wires from the charger and spliced a molex into it to hook the two together.

https://www.overclockers.com/forums...Putzen-Round?p=7580040&viewfull=1#post7580040

Last edited:
at 2000cfm, it literally makes no difference. lol

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

this was exactly my thoughts lmao, i dont think they quite comprehend how much air that fan will move evne turned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.... its enough to keep a car engine cool.

well just as an update.

the first build with this rad is cooling a server with 2x E5-2697v2 (12-core) and 2x 1080ti. and the big car radiator fan turned down to like 60%. was working great for about 5 weeks and the fan died. not seized or anything, just doesnt spin when provided power. it spins freely by hand though. not sure what blew on it, but it's just gone.

the kicker is that this system is used to crunch SETI@home 24/7. with the fan working, CPU temps were about 50C and GPU temps about 40C. i didnt notice the fan had failed for several days (it's my father's server), so i was worried about temps. NOPE. shouldnt have SETI was still going 100%, CPU at 55C and GPU at 45C....LOL

-----------------------

now about the second rad. I got this one for my gaming system. i actually got it as a combo sale from ebay.

$725 shipped
EVGA 1080ti SC2 HydroCopper
MO-RA3 360 Pro
4x Phobya G-silent 18 900rpm 180mmx25mm fans (bonus! i didnt know they would come with it)
2x EVGA powerlinks

not a bad deal at all

i moved the fans around and tidied up the fan wiring with this little fan block. so i can power it all from a single molex.

F7IIqiu.jpg
Eq2YDPG.jpg
bf0QsWQ.jpg

im thinking i might just build a long molex extension from the case. that way everything turns on and off from the computer.

Back