• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much interest for...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
a 5 channel amp? would be able to do 68watts RMS into a 4ohm load or 38watts RMS into a 8ohm. with a selector switch you could get 60watts RMS or close into 8ohms.

OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
yes i will be, need to get parts ordered. with the PCB's i have on hand i can make 7 2ch amps or 2 5ch amps/1 2ch amp. the PCB was designed to use the LM3886 IC or as some call them gainclones. for the gain resistors they will be 1% tolerance but will be hand measured to within +-1ohm of each other(as much as i want them that way). might have a few higher then that.....

ratbuddy

yes i will be, need to get parts ordered. with the PCB's i have on hand i can make 7 2ch amps or 2 5ch amps/1 2ch amp. the PCB was designed to use the LM3886 IC or as some call them gainclones. for the gain resistors they will be 1% tolerance but will be hand measured to within +-1ohm of each other(as much as i want them that way). might have a few higher then that.....

What type of inputs? Plain RCA? 120v?

OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
yea would be just RCA and 120v... unless there is some kind of input you want i havent seen before? what looking for balanced inputs or something else?

ratbuddy

yea would be just RCA and 120v... unless there is some kind of input you want i havent seen before? what looking for balanced inputs or something else?

Actually looking for a 2.0 integrated with optical input so I can get rid of a ground loop issue with my HTPC :p

OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
Actually looking for a 2.0 integrated with optical input so I can get rid of a ground loop issue with my HTPC :p

just a two channel with a optical input? that wouldn't be hard to do, or if you wanted could be usb input from the HTPC. you wanting just two channels right?

ratbuddy

just a two channel with a optical input? that wouldn't be hard to do, or if you wanted could be usb input from the HTPC. you wanting just two channels right?

Yep, that's it. My current amp is only something like 37.5w per channel and I never have to crank it up past 1/3 volume, very efficient speakers.