• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much power is needed for a 2000+XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtec96

ok, im putting together this 2000+ xp system that will not be O/C'd but will have about 4 case fans (low speed) and prob a small (40cfm) HSF....With no O/C ing, would a 353 watt Enermax be ok?
I am asking since i was planning on getting the 431 EnermaxENERMAX EG465P-VE(FM) but its out of stock at Newegg :confused: ... Now of course i can order somewhere else, but just asking if 431 watts is really needed... Thanks

Cluster

The 353 watt will do just fine. My roomate has a 350w generic that ran an xp1700 at ~1.8Ghz, a gf3Ti500, and audigy plat. EX. He ran 3dmark2001 a bunch of times and had no problem. None of his volt rails were low. And the 5v was at 4.999 which is about as good as it gets. If you can grab a 431 Enermax than it will be better, and will last you longer for upgrade purposes, but 353 will suit you just fine.