• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much temp drop from water cooling if any?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
K

Kryten

I am starting to warm to the idea of water cooling (no pun intended) but I don't particularly want to use a peltier, so the question I am asking is how much would the temp drop on a water cooled system (without pelt) when compared to a system with air cooling.
I am not look for an exact figure just a rough enough answer to work out weather it's worth doing or not.
(currently have 1 CPU but down the track will be looking to run 2 in the board... see sig for specs)

I went from high 30's and low 40's to low 30's and high 20's depending on the ambiant temps. Was worth the money for me.

TT120 (Apr 19, 2001 08:00 a.m.):
I went from high 30's and low 40's to low 30's and high 20's depending on the ambiant temps. Was worth the money for me.

I think that 10 degrees would make a big difference the cpu runs at mid to high 20;s no load and 52c at full load if I could pull down the full load into the low 40's it would make all the difference.

Just to let you know your chip is CRAP! I don't mean to put you down, i thought my Celeron II 700 was great, i got it to 877 @ 1.65v (cC0 Default voltage was 1.7v) And i had to push 2.1v through it to get to 966. If you want, i could sell you a Celeron II 600 cB0 that does 900 @ 1.65v on a crappy heatsink. You could probably take it to 1009mhz with 2v. Trust me, i spent about 100 (after buying the chip) to try to get it to 1 ghz, it just won't do it. Even if it does, 1 ghz is 94fsb, which means bad performance. 94fsb is nothing. IT destroys all of your performance. Your Celeron II 700 @ 1ghz is like a P3 700 @ stock because of the low fsb and high multiplier. What is your S-code? Mine was sl45y.

Carmine_Paterno (Apr 19, 2001 08:53 a.m.):
Just to let you know your chip is CRAP! I don't mean to put you down, i thought my Celeron II 700 was great, i got it to 877 @ 1.65v (cC0 Default voltage was 1.7v) And i had to push 2.1v through it to get to 966. If you want, i could sell you a Celeron II 600 cB0 that does 900 @ 1.65v on a crappy heatsink. You could probably take it to 1009mhz with 2v. Trust me, i spent about 100 (after buying the chip) to try to get it to 1 ghz, it just won't do it. Even if it does, 1 ghz is 94fsb, which means bad performance. 94fsb is nothing. IT destroys all of your performance. Your Celeron II 700 @ 1ghz is like a P3 700 @ stock because of the low fsb and high multiplier. What is your S-code? Mine was sl45y.

Chip is a SL4E6 the sig is a bit of tounge in cheek I don't expect to make a gig with this chip as you pointed out it is crap, but until I can afford $780A for 2 P3 700's it will have to do

BTW i'm reasonably happy with the 840 considering the best I could get out of an Abit SA6R with this chip was 76FSB and 76FSB out of an Asus CUSL2-C so I'm happy with the 80FSB I have for standard cooling and standard voltage.

Just checked the CPU database I wouldn't be at the bottom, can't be that bad huh? hehehe

Back