• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much time do you think you've wasted on games in your life?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I played Starcraft/Broodwar 10-15 hours per day for about 5 years. Don't know how many days that equals, but I think it's a lot.

Yeah, personally, I almost find them therapuetic. It's just an escape from the real world, if even for just a few hours at a time. I'd hardly call it a waste either. However, I can't even begin to count up the hours for you...Got an NES when I was 5 or so, and I've been going ever since.

my entire highschool career.

rocked with a buddy at my house afterschool, get a few hours of sleep at night, then repeat. weekends we drank tons of soda, ate lots of munchies and cooked many pounds of hamburger beef!

Rainbow6, StarCraft and CounterStrike (which I met my wife through)

I wouldn't consider it time wasted. More like money well spent.

I've been gaming since '81. So many years in a combined amount of game time have I invested in the best entertainment to date...other than mountain biking, which is my favorite, also sky diving but way to expensive. IMHO.

Gaming......It's a hobby of mine so nomatter what hobbie time is not wasted...I have many fond memories that include gaming... good memories/good times=time not wasted.

If any thing is a waste it's going to a Club/Rave/Tittyclub spendin 100$'s in drinks, drugs, hoes and waking up in a daze with the past night a big blurr...thats time wasted..literialy. Speaking from yrs of Exp on this one.

Just the amount of time that I put into Morrowind, Oblivion and Diablo II boggles the mind. I lived on diablo II and Morrwind my entire 4 years at college. During highschool, every afternoon was in front of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana or FF3/4.

Now that I'm getting more serious about making music and my system isn't the alpha beast it used to be, gaming has sort of wained off but if I get into a gaming groove over an afternoon or so, it will typically consume a good 3 or 4 weeks straight of those 3 hours that I'm home before the wife gets off work.

Well, so far on WoW I've played over 11 days. Around half of that would be fromm jumping.....

I spent too much time on games :p

I don't think I've wasted any time playing games. It's better than watching TV in my opinion. I've wasted lots of time watching TV!

-ZXR

EVERY WOW PLAYER! Type in /played and fall over.

For me... mabe... well I'm guessing I've spent about... 4 months playing digital games.

Rattle said:
Oh god, going back how far ? are we talking back to coleco vision and atari and all the way thru playstation 1? hehe 25% of my life and then I discovered pc gaming lol.
wow i haven't heard coleco vision in a looooong time. i had one when i was young. i have spent a lot of time gaming since i was a kid but i wouldn't call it all (some yes) wasted.

I don't know where to begin if I had to count back for my whole life. But since I installed xfire in March this year I'm at 250 total hours (it's always running so the count is accurate), which isn't bad compared to a friend of mine that has just been lost to WoW, 900 hours in 5 months (IIRC), or averaging 70 hours a week sometimes. I've made a few half hearted attempts to get through to him but....

I'd say about 500 hours ( 22 days /played) in wow, well over 1500-2000 hours loged in warcraft 3 custom games
maby 200 in css 100 dods 100 diablo, 300 in ut '99 and ut2k4 together, 2000-3000 in everquest1. I got to lvl 57 casual lvling soit was a huge timesink. eq2 sucked.

MY life life consists of school > homework> videogames > sleep > repeat There is just nothing else to do. I screwed up that whole socializeing thing back in middle schoool (in highschool now), so I have very few firends :(

Last edited:
Hundreds of hours in Call of Duty 1&2 for me, I thought 53 hours of WoW in my two week trial was pretty high. Fable and Oblivion for around 100 hours each, another 100 for Auto Assault, KOTOR 1&2, and Diablo 1&2. That doesn't even cover the stacks of single player FPSs from Doom 1 onwards.

I don't know if anyone has played this game, it's called SubSpace, and I logged over 4500 hours from November 9th, 1998 until recently. I also put a good 600 hours in WoW, another 1500 hours in Americas Army and various amounts of time in other games, none of which held my interest very long.... Unless you count Yahoo Games ;)

I played CS for about 5 years atleast 5 hours a day during the week, weekends/days off school/summer was literally all day unless there was something else going on which was a rare occasion. Before that I played air warrior III quite a bit, pretty much the same thing but only for about 4-5 months or so.

Senior year of HS I gew up and quit with all the game bs and now I just sit and laugh at the clowns that are 20+ years old and games to them are like crack to a crack head. Im not tryin to raise he-- w/ you guys but im sorry theres a point where it gets ridiculous at a certian age. Playin a game here and there for some fun (or an hour or two a day for that matter) yea so what its fun & something to do. On the other hand I know a guy that is 22 he goes to work, comes home and plays cs, when hes off he plays cs, any free time he plays cs, then always says he "doesnt have time" when it comes down to things he really needs to do/get done...and whats there to show for it? Exactly as the title says "wasted time".

Back