• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much time do you think you've wasted on games in your life?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
jeez - probably about half my life :D hahaha...im am sooo getting arthritis when im old!
BF2/BF2142, Oblivion, CS-S...so many great way to use my time :beer:

wow, you made me break out winders calculator for this. lets see... been gaming since I was 4, (my parents started me out on those annoying learning games early, then I discovered *gasp* theres games on this thing called the internet) thats 13 years, 4745 days (not including leap years) 3-4 hours a day minimum (3.5 for the sake of the calculator) thats 16,607 1/2 hours wasted. I could have actually done something with my life.

MEMex

mage_x said:
I played Starcraft/Broodwar 10-15 hours per day for about 5 years. Don't know how many days that equals, but I think it's a lot.

Yeah I know how that ball rolls. I'm not sure why but for some reason it was like... I wanted to replace reality with sc/bw. :clap:

I dont think games are a waste of time like Oni said above. When I was going through life, parties meant spending a ton o money on booze, throwing up and blacking out to wake up the next morning sick /w a hang over. That is what I would consider a waste of time.

Last edited:

pak

I got at least 250 days on WoW alone. I would never call it a waste of time myself.

--pak

Bon L

Registered
Well everyone must of played games somewhere in there childhood but now as you get older, you start to think.. why did i play games for?.. game are so boring and so on, so I'm saying we wasted half our life on games and another half to relise that

FlakMonkey

I strongly disagree.

I have never asked myself "why did I play games", nor "why am I playing games".

I do it because it is entertainment, and fun. Isn't that why anyone does it?

ALiEN2953

id say iv spent like 1000 hours on games and like 10,000 hours on my computer. I suppose it evens out though cause i don't waste time on TV or Homework.

Seven

I haven't wasted any time. I play games when I have nothing else to do.

Therefore...

35 days WoW
Too much N64 to remember
Way too much Tribes 2
And other assorted games.

Yeah, but 0 time wasted.

Karbon

I've been playing cs since 1.1 came out. Given that I've played pretty much every day for 4+ hours for 6 years, probably a lot of time.

Wiggles

I've been playing games (not counting my start with Minesweeper, Gorillas, etc..) since Wolfenstein 3d came out. I've probably played Diablo 2 the most though. Spent a ton of time after beating all the difficulties searching for more loot, and spending money gambling. CS has been the game I've played the most online.

QPower

Registered
Well lets see...

During all my WC3 history my 2 main accounts sum up a total of 11,000 games.

If you add custom games, and other account it probly goes up to... ummm... 12.500 games... if you put the equivalente of MAKING maps and watching replays lets say I've player 13,000 games of warcraft (still a short figure if you ask me).

So... 13,000 games asuming an average of 15 mins pero game... that means a nice round 3250 hours/135 days... OMG that's like NOTHING... my math has to be really wrong. Lets say it is 20 mins/game... 180 days... 6 monts... still doesn´t seems that much.

But if you add the following I can probably get a couple of years:

Starcraft
Diablo II
Utopia (www.swirve.com)
Mario Kart (SNES/64)
StarFox (64)
Mario (64)
Bomberman (64)
Smash Bros (64/GC)
Goldeneye (64)
Guilty Gear (PS2)
CvS2(DC)
MvC2(DC)

Slaps

Time Wasted? probably none. I don't concider it wasting time when i go hunting or playing a game of pickup. It's just another hobby i love to do in my freetime.

deRusett

I have not wasted any time on games in my life.

Games have Served there purpose, be it entertainment, relaxation, social interaction. WAIT, I'll say I did waste about 30 minutes of my time on a game once, I believe it was called something like Mall tycoon, it was not fun, and I did not gain anything from it.

ZER0P0INT

Registered
I've spent the last 18 years playing games, but the last two years have revolved around City of Heroes/Villians. I play pretty much every waking moment which is around 16-18 hours a day, everyday. So, I figure around 10 thousand hours just on that game. It's not a waste, I look at it as at least I'm socializing with people. Hell, I met my current girlfriend on CoH and we've been living together a year this month. My best friend who I play games with (mostly CoH) everyday lives several states away and I've never met him, but he's still the coolest/best friend I've ever made. It's better than veggin out in front of the old boob tube, although, I don't think my legs work anymore...usually slide straight from the bed to my computer desk...hmmm this requires testing.....*gets up and falls over*

Anyone know how I can overclock my legs?

[SC]Ceasar