• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much Vcore can a 1700+TbredA take?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vulcan5d

Registered
Something is holding me back from overclocking. I tried pretty much everything and it made no difference. I'm thinking that I have a cpu that doesn't like overclocking, so I want to run it at a high Vcore to see if it makes a difference. My 1700+ runs at 1.5V, I tried as high as 1.77V. How high can I go for this CPU? Temps are no problem, this is just a test so I'll put a big fan beside my opened case ;). If it works I'll get a better cooler.

Edward2

I ran my 1800+ Tbred A at 1.85 volts for about a week while I was doing some testing. That was the highest voltage my motherboard would allow with a voltage mod.

How high can you overclock with 1.77 volts? I was only able to reach 2.0 GHz with 1.85 volts on mine. The Tbred A's do not overclock nearly as well as the DLT3C Tbred B's.

killer7

The Tbred A is holding you back from overclocking, lol. Up the Vcore slowly and get a good HSF. Don't go over 2.0v for sure with air cooling.

:EDIT: If your motherboard can even go to 2.0v that is. Also, post what kind of PSU, mobo, and RAM you have. This could also be an issue, as PSU, mobo, RAM, and cooling are the 4 essential ingredients to a sucessful overclock. Also, every overclock is a "maybe what-if" situation. No two systems will overclock the same even if the components are all the same. Some luck is involved.

gazzrawly

I could get around 148FSB on my old pally 2100XP with a 1.75VC increase and with no increase about 144FSB. Now i thought stick this for a game of soldiers got a 1700XP 0.13um DUT3C and am running it @ 166FSB with NO Voltage increase AT ALL! 1.5volts and its 33*C idle :) a little over 40*C full load (42ish) ROCK ON! :)